Looking for Accessory Delay Relay (2006) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for Accessory Delay Relay (2006)

TBB4

Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited AWD V8
Can someone point me to the location of the accessory delay relay, also known as the Retained Accessory Power relay? I believe that mine is bad, but don't know where the sucker is located, or exactly what it looks like (assuming it is a small cube like most relays). The owners manual and web searches have not been of any help. Thanks

as far as I could find there is no relay its controlled by the can-bus setup... I had to add the RAP back to an aftermarket HU and did a write up as to how to save the $50 bucks for the pac box.... if someone does find something it would be nice but I have tons of threads on multiple forums for this topic and it always came up dry.... its not like the 98-04 f-150's and expos that you simply tied into a relay..... so nothing on your truck is functioning when you turn the key off

Delayed accessory relay

Thanks. The owners manual indicates that an 06 explorer has an accessory delay relay in the passenger compartment but gives no indication where. And since it was working fine up until a month ago, I'd like to try to replace it. I will also check into the workaround you suggested.

if the RAP is not functioning at all my thread will not help you since I am tapping into the window power relay after all the RAP gizmos.... but if you find this relay please share!

Back