Looking for Brushguard pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for Brushguard pics

jeepstyle.jpg

Something like this. or maybe on top of the mirrors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know theres other threads out there about this but since i have the 3" bodylift do i need to do anything extra on mounting a bullbar/brushguard? Like 3" extender brackets?

I had to fabricate my own mounting brackets. Probably application specific but I can't see a way any of them wouldn't need modification if mounted in the same spot as the tow hooks.

Offtrac - not to jump the gun but what if you mounted them on the lower bar of the brush guard using mounts like on Pjibs' bull bar?

I did test fit them there but didn't like the way they looked. Since I don't absolutely need them, I decided not to mount them until I found something I really liked. If what I have in mind works, I think I'll really like this solution. It's so brilliant I can't reveal it yet, lol.

Or so embarrassing I don't want it to be revealed. We'll see. :D

Haha I understand. And am also excited to see what your idea is!

Welcome to the forum "Sir Spamalot" LOL. WTH???

damn, now i have another project inspired by the forum! gotta wait until my thule MOAB basket/aux lights project is a done deal first.

Ok, nevermind my last post. The mods deleted the spam. Someone posted a ton of links to different things. Oh well, back to the thread. Lol.

Wow that looks so good on a sport trac. I'm definitely ordering that one. Its like $105 on ebay.

It's actually $10.00 cheaper if you order directly from their website at http://truckgeardirect.com/ . Their ebay shipping is $40 but it's only $30 from their website, saves ya 10 bucks. I ordered through their site and had no issues at all, quick shipping too.

Jason

It's actually $10.00 cheaper if you order directly from their website at http://truckgeardirect.com/ . Their ebay shipping is $40 but it's only $30 from their website, saves ya 10 bucks. I ordered through their site and had no issues at all, quick shipping too.

Jason

Thanks man, good stuff :thumbsup:

ST1-1.jpg

Here ya go 'Gse Brent'. My Hunter 'super bull bar'. I just installed it a few weeks ago. Lights are coming soon. So far I love it. Looks great, nice price and was easy to install. And as interscope said, be aware it mounts where your tow hooks mount so you will lose your tow hooks.

Get those lights on that bar yet?

Sure did. 4" PIAA's. Love them and love the look too.

st5.jpg

Nice that thing looks good.

Anybody have any recommendations on some super powered add on lights. Right now i'm looking at the KC daylighters 6" round long range 130 watts with 285,000 candle power. I've also looked at Rigid Industries Dually D2s which i have for the rear basket. And i'm also looking at light bars from a couple different places. But is there anything out there like the KCs but put out more light? Right now just playing around with some ideas.

Copied from a different forum

Originally posted by Hilldweller:

I had a pair of Truck-lite 10" LED spots and 4" LED floods on the front of my Jeep along with JW Speaker #8700 LED headlights.
It was a wonder to behold all of them on at once...

TruckLiteDrivingLites010.jpg

BlindedByTheLight.jpg

"End Quote"

Other than these, i think the D2s are the only other option

I've got the 135W kc long range slim lights. They put out an insane amount of light. Those coupled with my rigids and stock lights I'd say the front of my truck is realllly bright.

Copied from a different forum

Originally posted by Hilldweller:

I had a pair of Truck-lite 10" LED spots and 4" LED floods on the front of my Jeep along with JW Speaker #8700 LED headlights.
It was a wonder to behold all of them on at once...

TruckLiteDrivingLites010.jpg

BlindedByTheLight.jpg

"End Quote"

Other than these, i think the D2s are the only other option

Yea i'll look into those. They look super bright.

I've got the 135W kc long range slim lights. They put out an insane amount of light. Those coupled with my rigids and stock lights I'd say the front of my truck is realllly bright.

Yea i love your lightbar set up but i was thinking about a combo like yours and something like Hammerdowns with those LED light bars just not the super expensive ones. The ones from Trail Worthy Fab are priced nice. But either way its in the works.

A lotta guys have started using trail worthy. They seem to hold up fairly well. I don't think much else looks as intimidating as a giant lightbar either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A lotta guys have started using trail worthy. They seem to hold up fairly well. I don't think much else looks as intimidating as a giant lightbar either.

About 1/2 the cost of rugged ridge lights! Good link! Bookmarking this for summer cash flow :D

Back