• Register Today It's free!

looking for canopy

jrmac

Reaction score
City, State
vancouver bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport trac
I'm looking for some advice on where to find a canopy to fit a 2001 sport trac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in Vancouver BC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you mean a truck cap that goes up to the roof level, or do you mean a bed cover that just covers the bed at the bed rail level?

In either case, MyST.com and Craigslist would probably be your best bet for finding one.

Ironically I've been researching getting a truck cap for the very same vehicle. There is basically no used market for these, which makes sense given how few I've ever seen with them. I've checked craigslist and left word with local dealers that I'm in the market and put my name on waiting lists. I'm #2 on one list and the other guy has been on the list for 3 yrs...so...

I'm looking at buying a new one. Not sure it's the best decision I will ever make considering this vehicle is 15 yrs old, but she still runs good and I plan to keep her running. That said, ARE and Leer both make caps that will fit. Specifically, the ARE MX and CX models or the Leer 100XQ and the 100R (possibly).

I'm prolly gonna pull the trigger on the ARE CX. It ain't cheap, got a quote for $2100 to include: Interior carpet, dome light, roof tracks with yakima towers/crossbars (they actually give a great deal on the yakima hardware after charging $160 to install the tracks).

Me, I wish there were more used options given the age of the vehicle, but having not had a car payment for the last decade, I guess I'm cool with it...

Good Luck!

They occasionally show up on CL. I checked the local Des Moines and other Iowa CL ads every day for 18 months before I found one a year and a half ago. An aftermarket flat fiberglass lid showed up about the same time. I ended up buying both but still haven't used the lid. The topper (ARE) was only 5-6 miles from me, but I had to drive 125 miles each way for the lid. I got the topper from a young guy who bought the ST from his uncle and didn't want the topper. They knew both sides of the market - very few for sale, and very few buyers. I paid $600 for it. There are plenty of Sport Tracs around here, but I've only seen about 5 or 6 STs with toppers in this area, and I'm not sure how many are actually local. There's a black '02 on a small used car lot here with a black Leer topper. I've been tempted to see if they'd sell me the topper to put on my black '01, but I've pretty much lost the desire to have a topper on both trucks, especially since it already has a raised fiberglass lid that meets the need.

Be patient and diligent, and expand your search as far as you're willing to travel. And don't hold out for one that matches your truck. Another member got one painted for $125 recently.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I've been searching craigslist for a while so will keep that going. I'm not too fussed on colour and have contacted some sellers of trucks with canopies to see if they wanted to sell individually with no success so far. But I'll keep looking.

At least here they show up on craigslist far more in the summer months and if you can wait a few more months you might be able to save $1500:thumbsup:

I've got one for sale but I live in wenatchee wa it's gold in color and I've never used it, it's just in storage

I've got one for sale but I live in wenatchee wa it's gold in color and I've never used it, it's just in storage
Do you still have this canopy???? My husband is in Wenatchee today and tomorrow and we need a canopy for a 2001 Sport trac, our truck is black, but he can paint it.

Do you still have this canopy???? My husband is in Wenatchee today and tomorrow and we need a canopy for a 2001 Sport trac, our truck is black, but he can paint it.

Do you still have this canopy?

I have black metallic canopy very good condition for sport trac if anyone looking for that let me know I am in Vancouver BC
Hi Jerry I'm interested in the canopy. I'm in Mission so not too far from you. What do you want for the canopy? $

yes I have the canopy for sport trac if you can contact me send your # to see and offer me

yes I have the canopy for sport trac if you can contact me send your # to see and offer me

Hi Jerry

I sent you a private message (conversation) with my phone number.

I'm looking for some advice on where to find a canopy to fit a 2001 sport trac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in Vancouver BC

I have a white Tundra canopy (truck cap) off my 2005 Exp ST and mounting hardware. My sons share the truck now and prefer the tonneau (bed cover) and so have no need for the canopy. I live in Victoria but go to the mainland frequently. Let me know if you're interested.

Back