Looking for help with front seat removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for help with front seat removal

Mookrider

Reaction score
City, State
Surprise,Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer XLT
Looking for some help. My driver seat has stuck in the farthest position back and will not go forward. The switch works for the other positions (up, down, tilt and back) I cannot get to the bolts to remove the seat because it’s all the way back and I don’t want to have to remove the center console. Is there any other way to get this seat out???? TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Although I don't think you're the first one to encounter an issue with the driver's seat, I believe you are the first one to want to remove it. I guess that raising it all the way up not provide enough room to access the bolts or the motor?

Peter

Although I don't think you're the first one to encounter an issue with the driver's seat, I believe you are the first one to want to remove it. I guess that raising it all the way up not provide enough room to access the bolts or the motor?

Peter
The switch stopped working with the seat all the way back so I had no access to the 4 bolts to remove and pull the seat to manually move the seat. I made a small switch out of wire and a drill battery and had to find the right wires to touch and got the seat back to my wife’s driving position

So it appears the seat motor is good but the switch is not. Glad you were able to get it back in position.

Peter

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer limited, that the motor on the driver side seat has went out and is stuck all the way back. Seat will not move forward/back, up/down. Nor will the back rest of the seat move. The lumbar part of the controls works. Was going to replace motor but with seat stuck all the way back. I can not get to the bolts in order to remove the seat and access the motor. Any suggestion on how to move seat forward?

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer limited, that the motor on the driver side seat has went out and is stuck all the way back. Seat will not move forward/back, up/down. Nor will the back rest of the seat move. The lumbar part of the controls works. Was going to replace motor but with seat stuck all the way back. I can not get to the bolts in order to remove the seat and access the motor. Any suggestion on how to move seat forward?
I have moved your thread to this one on a similar issue.

Peter

Back