Looking for leaf spring hangers and shackles for 1994 Explorer 4wd . Can't seem to find the hangers. Sure would appreciate some help. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for leaf spring hangers and shackles for 1994 Explorer 4wd . Can't seem to find the hangers. Sure would appreciate some help.

Billylee593

Reaction score
City, State
Bristol Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer xlt
I have a 1994 Explorer looking for leaf spring hangers and shackles, can't seem to find hangers anywhere. Sure would appreciate some help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what do you mean hangers? The explorer leaf springs are under the frame rails so there is just some tabs up front for the front hanger and the rear is actually an insert in the frame rail (non replaceable)

Can for sure find shackles online

I have a 1994 Explorer looking for leaf spring hangers and shackles, can't seem to find hangers anywhere. Sure would appreciate some help.

Thank you Brian ,
Thank you Brian , you just made my day .

ah front hangers!! thanks Brian

I need to find some front hangers but lifted. They look like factory but they are taller. Does anyone know where to find something like that?

I checked Kartek and I do not see such a bracket. Have you seen these before? I am not aware of a front spring hanger with lift
Built into it, couldnt you modify yours or drop it down 2”?

I checked Kartek and I do not see such a bracket. Have you seen these before? I am not aware of a front spring hanger with lift
Built into it, couldnt you modify yours or drop it down 2”?
I haven't seen dropped hangers either only drop rear shackles to force the spring up. Maybe you can fabricate a front hanger that's dropped and not change the spring rate like the shackles do.

I already have a set but one of them are completely mangled.

IMG_20211018_095632413.jpg IMG_20211018_095642213.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_095632413.jpg
    IMG_20211018_095632413.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 40

That leaf spring has a huge negative arch in it! That bracket could be repaired no?

@RockRanger is making some leaf spring hangers like that now (with lift)

I think you are going in the wrong direction. The OEM hangers work just fine, and a piece of flat bar welded to the front and down to the frame covering the gap make a nice slider. Your leaf springs are shot, or have too much weight on them. Easy remedy is to get a second JY set of leafs and make your own frankenleafs, or just go spring over axle for 5" of lift, or both. I did all that, then ended up with a custom leaf pack that finally works like they should.

That long hanger is just a rock catcher.

That leaf spring has a huge negative arch in it! That bracket could be repaired no?

@RockRanger is making some leaf spring hangers like that now (with lift)
That bracket in the pic is my good one. I have repaired the other side but my fix keeps braking next to the weld that had fixed the problem.

I think you are going in the wrong direction. The OEM hangers work just fine, and a piece of flat bar welded to the front and down to the frame covering the gap make a nice slider. Your leaf springs are shot, or have too much weight on them. Easy remedy is to get a second JY set of leafs and make your own frankenleafs, or just go spring over axle for 5" of lift, or both. I did all that, then ended up with a custom leaf pack that finally works like they should.

That long hanger is just a rock catcher.
My explorer is already lifted with a spring over axle with a Dana 30 solid axle leaf sprung front end. It has been played with hard. Those are factory leafs in the rear. I could go with the chevy leafs and go back to factory leafspring hangers

Back