Looking for Machine Shop in San Diego | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for Machine Shop in San Diego

Betsy98Sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Ford Explorer Eddie B
Anyone Know a good and reasonable machine shop in the San Diego area?

Still looking for a good machine shop in San Diego. Anybody know a good and reasonable one?

Well. I thought I might a good machine shop to workthe heads I was taking out of my Ex but I instead found some new heads that were reasonable at $325 for the pair on Ebay (J&C Cylinder Head).

I did find a good flywheel resurface shop called Southland Clutch in National City that resurfaced my flywheel for $30 flat rate and put in the pilot bearing at no charge. It was done in 15 minutes too as I stood and waited and talked to the guy at the front desk. Great service. Good People.

Southland refered me to a machine shop only a couple blocks away called Motor Machine since I ran into an issue with one of the Y-pipe-to-exhaust manifold bolts gettting stuck in the manifold (just spinning but not going anywhere). The Southland guy said to ask for the guy named Polo. They were able to get the bolt out and rethread the hole for me. the only charge was $40 for labor.

All I've ever needed done (flywheels) I've had done at NAPA and Carquest, they both have machine shops in the back.

Back