Looking for Sport Trac 4X4 Parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for Sport Trac 4X4 Parts

Teejeaux

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
My best friend has an '02 Sport Trac, and wants to start modifying it for some 4X4'ing. Are there any good vendors, websites, etc., that have good body armor, bumpers, winches, parts, etc., for the Sport Trac? I haven't seen too many modified Sport Tracs.

Thanks!
Teejeaux

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Body armor: Nope custom work needed
Undercarriage armor: Factory Ford skid plates.
Bumpers: Nope custom work needed
Winches: Nope custom work needed
Parts: Suspension Lift kits Superlift, and RCD

Dixon Bros. Racing had a front bumper but I heard they quit making it.
Explorer Express has the WAAG front and rear guards that fit over your stock bumpers.
I wouldn't call it armor, but Bushwhacker makes fender flares.
Rock sliders would have to be custom-made, although the stock step bars function somewhat as a slider (the dealer never noticed the bent one on the Ranger I traded in ;) ).
The Superlift kit is a lot of money, the Dixon Bros and RCD kits are a lot more money.
Tires over 33" will break front end parts if you actually go off-roading.

Chad and Johnny both have really good points, for what it's worth even with the extremely long wheelbase of the Sport Trac he can do some pretty fun (and serious if wanted) stuff with just a TT and Shackle lift, some 32-33" tires, a gas tank skid plate and some sliders. I've been wheelin' the crap outta mine for 6 years (as of today;) ~ I got mine on 5 July 01) with the things I mentioned and I've only put

$490 into 32's
$375 for sliders (not too much more than quality side steps and I can jack-up by the tubes to boot)
$165 for tank skid plate - may be more depending on year of ST
$55 for Warrior shackles and a TT myself
--alignment-- These things will get him started for sure!

Oh, and a trailer hitch is a Must!! It's a bumper saver @ $125.
There aren't a ton of us but this site will give he and you some ideas... there's a few of us that wheel 'em. :thumbsup:

$55 for Warrior shackles and a TT myself

I'm interested in doing a shackle lift, what is needed (parts and labor) and where can I get parts.. Also what is a TT? Can I do this myself or do I need to hire someone? I plan to put 33's on my 03 ST 4x4.. Will not do any rock climbing just mild off roading on a flat surface (beach and mud). Eventually I want to get a locker as well..

I have a trailer hitch for the sport trac. It was on mine for one month before I rolled the truck years ago.
75.00 shipped.

I'm interested in doing a shackle lift, what is needed (parts and labor) and where can I get parts.. Also what is a TT? Can I do this myself or do I need to hire someone? I plan to put 33's on my 03 ST 4x4.. Will not do any rock climbing just mild off roading on a flat surface (beach and mud). Eventually I want to get a locker as well..

For the Shackles in the rear you can contact 4wheel Parts or Desert Rat... honestly any local 4x4 shop can get them for you; easiest parts are the Warrior #153 (I believe)... all you'll need is a jack- bottle or floor and some wrenches. The TT is the Torsion Twist (front end) where you can tighten the bolts at the rear of the Torsion bars making them stiffer and increasing your height in the front by about 1.5" you can find detailed instructions with pics by searching the forum. :thumbsup: I looked for the them but don't have much time right now. ;)

I plan to put 33's on my 03 ST 4x4..
A TT/shackles will fit 33's but not wide ones. Either a 33x10.50-15 or 285/75-16 will work. If you want the 12" wide ones (33x12.50-15 or 305/70-16), which would be better for sand, then you're looking at either a 3" bodylift or 4" Superlift suspension.

A TT/shackles will fit 33's but not wide ones. Either a 33x10.50-15 or 285/75-16 will work. If you want the 12" wide ones (33x12.50-15 or 305/70-16), which would be better for sand, then you're looking at either a 3" bodylift or 4" Superlift suspension.

I was looking at the 3" body lift kits available for around $240 on the internet. It seems that installation will not be that easy. and probably take several hours according to what I've read.. The 4" superlift is too expensive at around $1800+ Also the kits I've seen say that they are for 2001-2002 models, would these work on a 2003? Here is a kit from Sportztrailers on ebay

Others I've seen like the one from performance accessories is over $300. They seem to be the same so the one ebay is substantially less. Also I have a manual tranny which requires some kind of shift extension..

I was looking at the 3" body lift kits available for around $240 on the internet. It seems that installation will not be that easy. and probably take several hours according to what I've read. Also the kits I've seen say that they are for 2001-2002 models, would these work on a 2003?

If you have to ask, then make that days and not hours. No offense. Go to a body shop. Still be cheaper than a Superlift with the install. The PA kit is highly regarded. I don't know for sure if a 2003 is the same, I do know that Gibson lists a different exhaust for 2003+ Tracs and I can't find it anywhere.

I think I'm going to leave it stock.... LOL

I have an '03 sport trac...I'm looking for a body lift for it...3" is what I would like but I can't find one for the '03 only '01-'02. Are there any body lifts out there at all for the '03 and if not can the '01-'02 lift be modified to fit my truck?????? Please help!!!!!

long time ago... just wanted to make sure you have seen a body lift on a 2003 sport trac before i order it.

Yes, the body lift for an '01 and '02 will work on an '03, '04, and '05, as they are all the same.

Tom

the body lifts on ebay say they dont come with bumper brackets. does the one from the performance acc. come with them or do you order them seperate like gap guards??

Back