Looking for stereo wiring harness model number 98 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for stereo wiring harness model number 98 Explorer

Dubious_Downfall

Reaction score
City, State
Fife, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Mazda Navajo LX
Looking for a wiring harness. I used Crutchfield. They sent me completely wrong harnesses and a head unit with RCA ports in the back. Can someone help me out? My truck has no sub in the back. Produced in December of 97. Previous owner installed a disc changer. I uploaded pictures of the stock harnesses and the rear of the new Alpine head unit. The 70-5701 looks like it might fit, but it SEEMS like it comes with an extra plug. Already tried 70-5519. It fits the factory plug on the left. But that's it. Any help is appreciated.

20210910_134928.jpg

16313073918972090244636157622083.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you Need a wiring diagrams ?

Looking for a wiring harness. I used Crutchfield. They sent me completely wrong harnesses and a head unit with RCA ports in the back. Can someone help me out? My truck has no sub in the back. Produced in December of 97. Previous owner installed a disc changer. I uploaded pictures of the stock harnesses and the rear of the new Alpine head unit. The 70-5701 looks like it might fit, but it SEEMS like it comes with an extra plug. Already tried 70-5519. It fits the factory plug on the left. But that's it. Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 342410

View attachment 342411
I bought both of my wiring kits from Walmart (make sure yours is on the vehicle list) for my explorer and ranger, both are 96 models and both kits had every wire I needed. BTW if you connect the power antenna wire to the factory amp wire (if you have a factory amp) you'll be good to go! Wiring diagrams come with the kits!

Metra 70-5701 was the one that worked. It also includes the harnesses for vehicles with stock amps. I just didn't use it. Wiring was easy after I got the right harnesses. The Alpine head unit only uses the RCA jacks when equipped with an amp, so I just ignored that too. If anyone is curious, this head unit is VERY loud and has a bunch of features. Kind of spendy, but head units just are, in my opinion.​

241213416_152256180401612_1339540550889954177_n.jpg

View attachment 342410

View attachment 342411
I need a photo that show how the wires go in the back of the adapter

Back