• Register Today It's free!

Looking for Third Row seat

ahuggins6

Reaction score
City, State
New Boston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer 4.0 auto
Bought an old beater ('97 4-door 4wd sohc) cheap. I'm looking for a third row seat in medium graphite if anyone has one.

We have a 7 month old boy and hope to be able to make room for more, especially in the house. We are downsizing in a few areas, including "vehicular value." I would say car payment, but this has been consolidated into a larger loan... i.e., we're working to pay off debt to get to build a house.

I bought this rig for the purpose of fixing and turning it for a profit. Now, circumstances are different and I wanna keep it for a DD. Lot's or parts to replace. Really would make a great frame off restoration.

Anyway, if you know anyone wanting to part with a third row seat, let me know. I've searched with all the words that I can think of here to no avail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bought an old beater ('97 4-door 4wd sohc) cheap. I'm looking for a third row seat in medium graphite if anyone has one.

Anyway, if you know anyone wanting to part with a third row seat, let me know. I've searched with all the words that I can think of here to no avail.

I didn't think the 2nd gen Explorers had a third seat option??

No, they didn't come with a third row in those years.

Then what are the two rails in the cargo area for? I'll post a pic tonight.

My uncle has a third row in a 2nd gen. It's weird because the seat is sideways and seats two in the cargo area. He claimed to have gotten it at a dealer and said it was expensive and hard to get.

EDIT: Found this, says its for an explorer

http://www.trucknvans.com/product-p/122-exbn.htm

122-EXBN-2.jpg

Back in the day pickups were sold without rear bumpers. You could choose to have one installed or buy one somewhere else. Might be the same type situation as your uncle. He might have ordered one from the aftermarket and had them install it. And i can't see Fomoco selling a side facing seat. Imagine getting rearended like that...

I checked that link. That is expensive for sure.

I might have to get a rear seat for an early bronco like they sell in their catalogs...

This third row seat question has been asked numerous times. The best thing to do is search around for other threads and look at there options of adding a third row seat...

The other thing would be to measure the cargo area width and height wise and then look at the ol' scrap yard for a seat that will fit... I don't think the room back there would be big enough for a full grown man. But a kid would fit no problem.

I've heard of people modifying the trucks around that time, but have never seen it as a dealer option.

Back