• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

looking for Uniden Mic

ChewieM16

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I just bought a Uniden 520e off of ebay to learn that its not coming with a mic!

Does anyone have a 4-pin female mic for a Uniden that they want to get rid for real cheap? (i mean real cheap, im broke now:p)

thanks u guys :)

ChewieM16

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
scratch that!

i looked at the pic again... apperently i need a 5pin male on the mic side. i dont get it... can anyone help me figure out what im supposed to use?

pic:
http://mikeville.fly.to/uniden520e.jpg

please help me!
thanks guys!

-mike :)

Sandy

Reaction score
City, State
Boston Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ranger Edge
ChewieM16,

The pic is too dark to see the pin out!
I would contact a CB supplier to get a microphone, (EEI is one, http://www.exportradios.com).
You will need a microphone with 7 wires coming out of it, the radio shop will wire the mic for you, pay them it will be worth it unless you have a wiring book or schematics and like to solder.
A power microphone will make your transmissions a little louder and in CBs that is the name of the game. A good antenna and a power microphone will make all the difference in the world.

I like the Astatic Red Devil Power microphone, (about $49.00, either Red or Black) it has all of the wires you will need, it uses a 9v battery and it really make my Uniden talk.

There are a lot of other microphone manufacturers to choose from, Turner ($ 50 - $60) looks like the older Motorola mic that the cops used; CDL a Turner look alike but less money, ($30.00); there are others.
See what your friends are using, see if they have a five pin setup plug it in your radio or just talk on their radios and see how other hear you; if you like it use it.

Good Luck,