Looking to buy front spindle for 94 manual hub 4x4 w/ABS help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to buy front spindle for 94 manual hub 4x4 w/ABS help

colin94XLT

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
Looking to buy one but seems to be out of stock everywhere. My 2nd set of bearing this year is starting to get loud again and my mechanic who replaced them last fall said the spindle was pretty bad. I don't really drive a lot so he tried to clean it up and put new bearings in, but they are failing again.

1994 Explorer with manual hubs and ABS. If anyone can point me in a right direction for a new one or selling a decent used one i would be grateful.

****ended up getting one at bronco graveyard after looking at some very old threads here is am sure ill have more questions to follow******

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking to buy one but seems to be out of stock everywhere. My 2nd set of bearing this year is starting to get loud again and my mechanic who replaced them last fall said the spindle was pretty bad. I don't really drive a lot so he tried to clean it up and put new bearings in, but they are failing again.

1994 Explorer with manual hubs and ABS. If anyone can point me in a right direction for a new one or selling a decent used one i would be grateful.

****ended up getting one at bronco graveyard after looking at some very old threads here is am sure ill have more questions to follow******
Good you found one. How was the spindle determined to be bad? This same part fits rangers with the D35 axle from 93-97. I had to find some steering knuckles several years ago.

Good you found one. How was the spindle determined to be bad? This same part fits rangers with the D35 axle from 93-97. I had to find some steering knuckles several years ago.
When i limped it to my mechanic last time the bearings let go and scored up the spindle pretty good. The chassis has 250k on it. Is there anything else i should look at while i am in there? in the past 5-6 years a replaced alot to keep this beast rolling from brake lines to positive and negative battery cables.

Any rubber parts. Bushings and seals and such. It just depends on your plans for the vehicle. If you're paying someone to do the work, it can get costly quickly. With the age and mileage, I would be doing all the front end bushings and pivot points as needed - ball joints, tie rods etc. These parts dry rot and can cause annoying clunks and make it tough to align and already difficult to align front end. But if all is in good shape, then it can be left to ride for now.

More than likely they are changing the wheels speed sensor too? Those usually don't come out in one piece.

Any rubber parts. Bushings and seals and such. It just depends on your plans for the vehicle. If you're paying someone to do the work, it can get costly quickly. With the age and mileage, I would be doing all the front end bushings and pivot points as needed - ball joints, tie rods etc. These parts dry rot and can cause annoying clunks and make it tough to align and already difficult to align front end. But if all is in good shape, then it can be left to ride for now.

More than likely they are changing the wheels speed sensor too? Those usually don't come out in one piece.
Sounds good, I did the driver tie rod end last year that was 100% shot. I'll take a look at the other rubber parts. Thanks!

Back