Looking to install a Safari Rack on my Ex… | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to install a Safari Rack on my Ex…

1996BLKBauer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer AWD V8
Looking to buy a Safari Rack for my 1996 Eddie Bauer, preferably one with light mounts. I also would like to go with one that bolts to the factory rail system, so what are my options? EBay seems to be no help to me, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys, Harold

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Using factory roof bars? Yakima has universal Mighty Mounts that work with factory bars. Thule also has universal mounts.

Using factory roof bars? Yakima has universal Mighty Mounts that work with factory bars. Thule also has universal mounts.

I think OP means the factory roof RAILS, not the cross-bars.

I think OP means the factory roof RAILS, not the cross-bars.

You that is what I mean, thy are already there, I just don't want to have to drill any more holes in my roof.

Since you now have a safari rack, where were you able to find it? Was it new, or used / ebay?

if you can weld you can always make one out of scrap metal, took me 3 or 4 hrs to make and install mine and its a perfect fit. used some bed frames, some electrical conduit, and some ceiling wires.

Back