• Register Today It's free!

looking to lift 94 xlt

Exploder253

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Been putting it off for a while but now trying to have my 94 with a 3 or 4 inch lift by mid summer. Its bone stock so if anyone knows of any sites for explorer lift kits, help would be appreciated, had trouble looking for performance and interior parts too. My door panels broke apart and I'm looking to beef up the 4.0L, newbie at explorers so ill take whatever help I can get.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

james duff and skyjacker make good lifts and someone on here will have a door panel im parting out a 91 if you need any interior parts besides center consol and steering column/cluster

you can get about a 5 inch lift with a 3 inch body lift, 2 inch coil spacers, and warrior shackles. its the cheapest way to go.

james duff and skyjacker make good lifts and someone on here will have a door panel im parting out a 91 if you need any interior parts besides center consol and steering column/cluster

im not sure if you cant sell stuff, without being elite.

Like many aftermarket applications, its all about what your goals are. Whether its motors, tires, or lift kits, the one you want depends on its application and most of all your budget.

If you're on a tight budget, and you're more concerned with functionality than looks, than the example given above is a good way to go.

If however your budget is a little more flexible, and you don't care for the looks of shackles and body lift, than Superlift, Skyjacker, and a number of other 4x4 performance part companies sell kits. When you're searching online, look for ranger kits too for similar years 91-94 (1st Generation), many of the kits are interchangeable.

If you plan on wheeling with a certain amount of seriousness, than I would stay away from the cheaper kits like Rough Country and Tuff Country. I can tell you from experience these kits can wear out easily and cause damage, and you can read up from others on this forum that have had the same experience. If you're almost all pavement, and you're just looking to separate your X from the crowd with a little height, than these less expensive options might work for you from $600 to $800. The more expensive 4" lift kits will range $1,000 to $1,500 from what I've seen.

If you've got a certain tire size you want to be sitting on, that makes a difference too, its all about what you want. Good luck!

I'd take the door panels off and try to fix them if they aren't to bad. I epoxied my panel on the inside and the door handles are nice and tight now. You can get larger quantities of epoxy at a model airplane store. I went through like 3-4 tubes from Home Depot. Seal all the seems really good. Makes a world of difference. Can buy new plastic stab fittings at schucks or online or Ford or ebay.

Back