looking to lower a 02 explorer sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

looking to lower a 02 explorer sport

esedriver567

Reaction score
City, State
churritos567@live.com
Year, Model & Trim Level
churritos567@live.com
hi im looking to lower my 02 explorer sport and im wondering where i can find the lowering kit because i am having a very hard time finding one. im looking to drop it at least 2 inches or more.

any suggestions would be great

Thanks!

Search and you shall find your answers. There is literally another thread just like this one in this same section discussing the same type of vehicle.

I'll make it easy for you to understand, though as the member above me said searching will get you 2x further in the future. I am pasting this literally from the thread that is below yours were I stated the same.

You'll find that alot of people are going to tell you to search or ignore your thread because you did not search before posting, its ok though most of the time you will end up with no answers. Since lowering has been talked about like a beaten race horse, I will give you the short end of it.

Lower: Yes
How: 2 or 3" drop blocks (most will tell you that you can just slap some universal blocks in, though you might want to consider the eibach ones that help keep the correct pinion angle in the rear.)

Front: Order new torsion keys from airbagit.com or aimindustries.com or take out your stock keys, flip, and re-index them leaving the torsion bolts backed out as much as you like, note you need to remove your front and cut your rear bump stops to support a 3" or greater drop.

Now for the fun, I recommend you find yourself some 18"s because stock might rub the fender wells. Really 17-20" your good in size but 20"s give crappy cushioning and 17"s have been noted to be still too small by some at a 3" drop. Also, replace all 5 shocks if you haven't already, 10yr old suspension needs love.

Cons: Added stress to front end will wear to tires, upper arms (bushings), lower ball joints and probably some other stuff. Also note a c-notch is recommended and almost required for a 3" or lower drop.

Back