Looks like Ford has another shipping problem! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looks like Ford has another shipping problem!

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
Well, at least they do if your me!

My Explorer is still sitting in Chicago after being built on 5/14. It should only take a day to get it to Michigan.

I hope it gets here in the next week so I can break it in and have it for our trip mid June.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, at least they do if your me!

My Explorer is still sitting in Chicago after being built on 5/14. It should only take a day to get it to Michigan.

I hope it gets here in the next week so I can break it in and have it for our trip mid June.

I have no clue about the logistics of shipping vehicles, but I imagine that any particular vehicle probably has to sit around and wait until whatever transport mechanism that is being utilized gets filled up. My Explorer had a 5/4 build date (on the sticker) and showed up here on 5/23. Nineteen days, and I live three hours from Chicago.

I never had an estimated delivery date either. Always said TBD, according to the dealer. Then one day it just showed up, and I was driving it that night. So who knows? Maybe you'll be driving yours tonight. ;)

Shipping problem

Mine was built on 4/30 (order placed 3/19) and still no ETA on delivery. New excuse from the dealer is that it must have been one of the first built of the latest batch and so it's probably stuck in the back corner of the warehouse. He actually told me that there's "only one door on the warehouse so if it's in the back, they will have to ship all the other cars before they get to yours." Seriously????

Thinking about letting them eat this one and reordering a 2012. Who knows when my X might show...

Shipping Problem

Mine was built 5/3 had an ETA of 5/14 then hold than re released and no new ETA. I cant believe how hard Ford has made it to spend $40,000 for all of us! Im starting to not be able to fault people that buy foreign cars and I live in the metro Detroit area!

Mine was built 5/19 and on 5/28 in the vehicle system the dealer sees it says. "SA-9270 Amend ORDER SCHEDULING COMPOSITE FOF0B8NA May-28-2011, 06:04 EDT "

I been checking the system every day with my father as he can access that system. But then with shipping there were probably about 15-20 explorers built after me I been looking at that have been shipped, in transit and even delivered already to both my dealer and another local dealer.

The logistics of the plant are entirely messed up, it is a hard place to get vehicles out of, and as a transportation guy, I think Ford has really let themselves get 0pushed around over this issue.

But- even as new vehicles are shipping faster, if a truck rolls out on Tuesday, it won't be delivered to your dealer Wednesday just because you can drive there in a day with your car. You have to wait for the paperwork to go through, railcars to fill, transporters to fill with vehicles moving to a common destination, or on a throughway. It can take weeks for the whole process to unfold.

And yep- trucks in the back of the lot are very difficult to get out, as they get blocked in while they wait for parts to be completed. Well known problem with the Chicago yard.

I have noticed that all the ones built after were produced/awaiting shipment/released. Mine is just produced/ awaiting shipment now. Nothing about released. Wondering if there is more to something being wrong with the truck and not transportation issues as to explorers built the day before and all the days after are already shipped and they also had "released".

Normally, Ford doesn't assign "released" until they have a confirmed carrier for the vehicle. Doesn't always mean that there is an issue. If it was being held for an issue, it should show up as status "held" and not tagged as "completed" or "awaiting shipment". If you're at that status, your vehicle is waiting for a carrier to be assigned.

Normally, Ford doesn't assign "released" until they have a confirmed carrier for the vehicle. Doesn't always mean that there is an issue. If it was being held for an issue, it should show up as status "held" and not tagged as "completed" or "awaiting shipment". If you're at that status, your vehicle is waiting for a carrier to be assigned.

As I was looking through the others built after me they were produced/released/Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - (Auto Warehousing )/Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - Lr#### (Norfolk Southern Corp ).

Mine is produced/Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - (Auto Warehousing )/Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - Lr#### (Norfolk Southern Corp ).

And it also has been produced since 5/19 and since 5/23 that is what it said about awaiting shipment. Only update since then was "SA-9270 Amend ORDER SCHEDULING COMPOSITE FOF0B8NA May-28-2011, 06:04 EDT ".

Just trying to figure out what is going on. Just interesting to see the ones built before/after were released that day they were built and mines just hanging out.

It all depends on the load that the trucks are running with. Not sure what the scheduling composite code is for. You might also have a Norfolk Southern issue more than a Ford issue as well.

Don't forget that there was a holiday in there, and all hell breaks loose at union plants around holiday times... One day off can create delays for a week on either side of the holiday by nature of the beast...

Kinda crumby how shipping and receiving of these trucks is going but its the same with anything. Everyone is trying to cut down on costs so the more product they can get going to the same location the cheaper the shipping will be in the end.

Kinda crumby how shipping and receiving of these trucks is going but its the same with anything. Everyone is trying to cut down on costs so the more product they can get going to the same location the cheaper the shipping will be in the end.

Gotta hand it to Ford then, sticking it to us on delayed shipping to save money and increasing the price of the vehicle too!

That still does not make sense especially with mine. There is now about 20 being in transit another 1 just left chicago today and mine is still not being released and it has been 2 weeks since it has been built. I could have been shipped with all these other trucks which makes me assume there is something more to it for mine.

Gotta hand it to Ford then, sticking it to us on delayed shipping to save money and increasing the price of the vehicle too!

Haha!, so true! but you should have price and incentive protection, right?
I hope your vehicle arrives soon!:thumbsup:

The way they look at is someone has to eat the cost of shipping these items and obviously they are trying to minimize the effect is has on the price of the truck

That still does not make sense especially with mine. There is now about 20 being in transit another 1 just left chicago today and mine is still not being released and it has been 2 weeks since it has been built. I could have been shipped with all these other trucks which makes me assume there is something more to it for mine.
2 weeks? Cound yourself lucky! Going on week 5 and no shipment ETA...

2 weeks? Cound yourself lucky! Going on week 5 and no shipment ETA...

Did you say 5 weeks! Oh My, don't say that!

I'm an understanding type of guy and realize that stuff happens but I would hope that Ford would sweeten the deal for me.

Did you call and escalate this through customer service? Five weeks is very excessive!

Did you say 5 weeks! Oh My, don't say that!

I'm an understanding type of guy and realize the stuff happens but I would hope that Ford would sweeten the deal for me.

Did you call and escalate this through customer service? Five weeks is very excessive!
Have gotten a few updates from Cory here on the site and from my dealer but no one can give me a rational explanation why it has sat so long. Cory said he would investigate and I am waiting for a response. It's really frustrating.

Have gotten a few updates from Cory here on the site and from my dealer but no one can give me a rational explanation why it has sat so long. Cory said he would investigate and I am waiting for a response. It's really frustrating.

It was either damaged or is stuck in the back of the warehouse. I cant think of any other reason.

I would ask my dealer to get their zone rep involved.

Hope it all works out for you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s understandable to be frustrated and I wanted to let you know that I’m continuing to investigate your order. I will contact you as soon as I hear more details back.

For those who have messaged me with your VIN or dealer name / dealer code to look up your current order status, I’m getting to each request as I receive it and your ongoing patience is appreciated.

Cory

Back