Loose rear 2nd and 3rd row air vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Loose rear 2nd and 3rd row air vents

arred79

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Anyone else have loose rear a/c vents, the round roof mounted ones? The louvers in mine that direct the air flow are quite loose and do not stay where you put them. All 4 of mine are like that. I've been looking around online, ebay and such, and these little things are pretty expensive for what they are, and I'd hate to buy 4 of them just find they have the same problem haha. Any way to tighten them up? I took one out to look thinking I could put some felt stick on pads somewhere to create some friction to help but don't doesn't look like it would work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine stay wherever set them, at least I haven't noticed them moving.
They shouldn't move around under normal vehicle and HVAC operation.

Anyone else have loose rear a/c vents, the round roof mounted ones? The louvers in mine that direct the air flow are quite loose and do not stay where you put them. All 4 of mine are like that. I've been looking around online, ebay and such, and these little things are pretty expensive for what they are, and I'd hate to buy 4 of them just find they have the same problem haha. Any way to tighten them up? I took one out to look thinking I could put some felt stick on pads somewhere to create some friction to help but don't doesn't look like it would work.
I believe another member had the same issue in that the louvers were always closing. I believe the remedy was to just stick something between them.

Nope - no issues on mine. They stay as adjusted.

Mine close by themselves also. Even if they are pointing straight down, they close. What do I do?

Mine close by themselves also. Even if they are pointing straight down, they close. What do I do?
Have your dealer check them out. Perhaps the need to be replaced.

Peter

Back