• Register Today It's free!

loss of power at high rpms?

ezeedee

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer 4x4
i have a big problem with low power at high rpm's. its an automatic, and in first gear it pulls nice till like 4k then starts to just rev and not move, then it shifts and starts pulling real nice again then starts to sputter and jerk a little bit.

i think its a fuel problem since its only high rpm's, maybe clogged filter or something? should i add an injector cleaner or something? thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

injector cleaner would not hurt. but may be a torque converter.

injector cleaner would not hurt. but may be a torque converter.

well the transmission was just replaced, so id be really pissed if it was that. i told the damn service writer i thought it might have been the tq and he insisted it wasnt.

ill try injector cleaner though, hopefully its something easy.

maybe fluid? hmmm i hope its not the tq that would suck...has it been doing it since you got the tranny back?

maybe fluid? hmmm i hope its not the tq that would suck...has it been doing it since you got the tranny back?

well i dont think so, but its not often i take it to redline either. but the other day i went and drove a couple trails (and got stuck :() and was racing some of my friends and got embarrassed. i think if i could pull from 4-5k like i do from 3-4k it would be a lot faster.

i would just keep arguing with the guy and tell him its been messing up since you got it worked on.

Back