Loss of voice prompt on Sync 3

TBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Prescott, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Recently I have lost the voice prompt “Please Say A Command”. I don’t remember turning it off in any settings.
Any hint where it gets turned on/off.
Thanks
TBill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You must have upgraded from a really old software release. That was removed quite a while ago. End of 19'.

You must have upgraded from a really old software release. That was removed quite a while ago. End of 19'.
No, I have been updating the 2020 Explorer Sync system as the software updates become available. It has not been an old system that was recently updated.
Bill

No, I have been updating the 2020 Explorer Sync system as the software updates become available. It has not been an old system that was recently updated.
Bill

Well, that's not a good sign for past updates. The only reason it wouldn't have changed is if the Voice package wasn't updated along the way. That change was made starting with 19200, so it's been in for some time.

Recently I have lost the voice prompt “Please Say A Command”. I don’t remember turning it off in any settings.
Any hint where it gets turned on/off.
Thanks
TBill
Mine doesn't have the voice prompt either but for me it's not an issue. I just say what I would have said with the voice prompt.

Peter

Yep, that was taken out because of how common it was for people to speak over the "Please say a command" or the chime and it'd cause a "Please try again...". Just push button, wait for beep (usually ~1/2 second or so), then talk like normal.

OK,

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure it was something I changed in the settings. The "new normal".;)
TBill

Back