Lost rear climate controls on Sync 3 after update on 2017 Platinum | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lost rear climate controls on Sync 3 after update on 2017 Platinum

Will the dealer make these changes?
I would like to have the freeze warning showing, and I would like to have the heating temp of the seats increased.
My mom's mkc seats are a lot warmer than mine
I doubt a dealer will modify the factory settings especially if you are still under warranty and I don't know how they would increase the seat heating. On mine 3 bars is too hot and I usually turn it down to 1 bar. No harm in asking though.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For those like me with a 2017 XLT 201A with the cold weather package with heated steering wheel and heated seats only..... I changed mine from a factory asbuilt "C" which only gave me the heated steering wheel icon to "F" instead of 7 (which is what's on the spreadsheet) and that retained my rear air controls while giving me the icons for the heated seats on screen. Hopefully Platinum Owner will add this to his sheet?????; it seems numbers are for no rear ac controls and letters are for vehicles with rear air controls??????. If i knew how to upload a picture i would.

7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xCzz changed to 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xFzz

Where "x" = I didn't touch it and "z" = checksum at the end

I need to try as well. When I added the heat/cooled seats to my home screen and the climate screen I lost rear controls.

I have 2018 xlt with sport package and 201a. I added with forscanfthe heated seats icon and hsw icon to home screen, did NOT loose rear HVAC controls. I don't have cooled seats though, not sure that matters.

I changed mine in my 18 EXP Limited today.

I changed 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x*zz * from 6 to E.

I changed to 6 before and lost the rear climate controls. Now that I changed it to E, I have rear climate control in the climate screen while having HSW and heated/cooled seats.

Can I jump in and hijack this old thread? It seems to be the only thread that has the exact same problem I have. However, I have Sync 2 on my 2011 XLT and lost the rear control after updating to 3.08 and adding navigation. Here is my thread in case we don't want to muddy up this one:
No rear hvac controls after APIM replacement

Back