• Register Today It's free!

lost rear speakers

hijinks

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
I noticed I lost my rear speakers a few days ago. My rear speakers do work so it wasn't some freak accident. I have an aftermarket HU, but that isn't the problem since it still happens with my stock HU.

I'm guessing its behind the wiring harness somewhere. I have a 98 explorer sport. I know what wires on the explorer side go to what speakers and such. I'd just like to know where to start. Where to look first. I don't wanna rip apart my whole dash and check all the wiring to find out it could be some common spot to look first.

Thanks
Mike

in my 94, i lost the right side speakers every once and awhile..... sometimes i would hit bumps and they would come on for a second then cut out again... i took of the door panels, and sure enough, the connector about 6" away from the speaker, had worked its way loose... i re-clipped it, and bothe speakers worked fine again

I noticed that if you have the rear audio controls and you unplug the whole harness under the full length console.. the rear speakers will no longer play. I'd lift those cubby hole deals off and make sure that fat harness is still plugged in.

section525, good call. It wasn't the connectors on the back controls.. it was the connector right below the dash that was coming loose. I just screwed it down more it now I got my speakers back

thanks

Back