• Register Today It's free!

No crank, no start

8headhaches

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
No crank, no start! Replaced ignition switch,no help. All lights on cluster come on have plenty of good power but no crank. Cleand terminals , no help. Explorer was in park at idle when it died. Tried to start it but no crank. Neutral safety switch seems ok. Tried crossing over at selonoid, engine will crank that way but no start..as summing no fire. If PCM failed would that not let you crank the engine?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you find a solution for this?

I had that issue on my white '97 4.0 SOHC and I replace the crankshaft position sensor and connector. It does matter which way the wires go even though it is only a two wire sensor. Rockauto has both parts and it only took 2 or 3 days to get the parts. You need to be able to solder and heat shrink the wires to do the repair.

IC. Maybe this will help someone else.

I had that issue on my white '97 4.0 SOHC and I replace the crankshaft position sensor and connector. It does matter which way the wires go even though it is only a two wire sensor. Rockauto has both parts and it only took 2 or 3 days to get the parts. You need to be able to solder and heat shrink the wires to do the repair.
Will this stop it from even cranking? My serpentine belt shredded after the water pump bearing seized. The MAF sensor wiring got damaged and has been repaired but I can't see anything else damaged. The Crank position sensor looks fine but it was right in the firing line for bits of belt flailing around.
Now my car won't start, no crank, no start. I can't find anything in the start circuits that this would have impacted

Back