Low Fuel Warning and Gas Stations Pop-up On Navi. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low Fuel Warning and Gas Stations Pop-up On Navi.

Bill #5 Explorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I noticed yesterday, for the first time, that when I was below a 50 mile range, and got the low fuel warning, that gas station icons started showing up on my navigation screen show thier location. I thought that was pretty cool!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is cool. I don't recall that showing up on my screen but I'm a bit overwhelmed by it already.

That is cool. I don't recall that showing up on my screen but I'm a bit overwhelmed by it already.

I get the same feeling I have when I am inside the Apple store...

I noticed yesterday, for the first time, that when I was below a 50 mile range, and got the low fuel warning, that gas station icons started showing up on my navigation screen show thier location. I thought that was pretty cool!

I thought that the gas icons are on my screen all the time... I'm at low now, I'll fill up on my way home and verify your findings... that's pretty creative if it does work that way.

I thought that the gas icons are on my screen all the time... I'm at low now, I'll fill up on my way home and verify your findings... that's pretty creative if it does work that way.

Let us know. Maybe I'm wrong.

Were you following an active route at the time? or were you just watching the map as you drove?

OK!! Confirmed

Active route, or no active route... if you have all POI Icons hidden (default) then when you're low on fuel, the fuel POI Icons automatically appear on the screen. (I have pictures if anyone wants to see this).

In another note, this didn't work for me at first because I had POI Icons showing. Tap the screen, click the POI Icons: Off button, and select up to 3 categories for always showing POI Icons.

Cool find, that's creative use of the navigation in my opinion.

I also noticed today that I was hungry, and the McDonalds POIs popped up! :)

Now if only it would put the damned names of the big streets on the map as I was driving... you need to be at a scale of .5 before it shows me major road names.

R

Back