Low Mileage 1st Gens | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low Mileage 1st Gens

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get ready to replace the tranny if your at 57k... the stock ones are only good for about 60k

REDRIG has the nicest looking 94...EVER!!!!!

No issues with the tranny, just rebuilt the VB and put new O-rings in the Low/Reverse servo ... I also have the towing package with the secondary cooler ....

VB was real clean, I bet I go over 100K before I have any problems .... maybe longer if I still have it

My '92 had about 87,000 when I bought it 6 months ago. It's now at a little over 90,000. I am the 3rd owner of this truck-it was hardly driven before I got it.

my moms 94 4x4 auto(STOCK TRANNY :D ) XLT has 97,900 on it..i have been around the truck from new..heck i remeber when it has 32 miles on it..lol

my 1991 f-250 4x4 auto lariat has 60,855 on it as of yesterday...low low low..haha

nak4af said:
I bet she still runs like she has 50,000, huh? Maybee not the best power horse, but the 'ol 4.0L is dang reliable!

eh...I havent gotten her to run quite that smooth yet, but It's better than 3 weeks ago.

Question for everyone: How well does that Lucas oil additive work? ASAP(ie: as funds allow), I need to do a complete change over of all the fluids(I bought it 3 weeks ago and had to put $1600 into it for it to pass, so I will have to change the fluids when I've got the money, although the oil did look a nice healthy golden color, with no flecks of metal in it.

On another note about my X, I've recently noticed a clicking that speeds up with the engine. It sounds like it could be lifter noise, but I'm not sure. I believe I've read about this issue before, and from what I understand, it can be left alone, with no damage to the engine occuring. correct?

big_hoovie said:
eh...I havent gotten her to run quite that smooth yet, but It's better than 3 weeks ago.

Question for everyone: How well does that Lucas oil additive work? ASAP(ie: as funds allow), I need to do a complete change over of all the fluids...

I highly recommend Royal Purple oil. I use it in every part of my truck and I gained a noticeable difference in power. Not to mention the peice of mind you get running full synthetic. Horsepower TV did an episode with a late '90 Comaro where they only replaced oil, tranny and rear diff with Royal Purple and gained 8 rwhp on a dyno. You can't argue with numbers!
Just my .02

Chris

big_hoovie said:
On another note about my X, I've recently noticed a clicking that speeds up with the engine. It sounds like it could be lifter noise, but I'm not sure. I believe I've read about this issue before, and from what I understand, it can be left alone, with no damage to the engine occuring. correct?

Keep in mind the OHV engine is loud to begin with. If you pop the hood with the engine running, you'll hear the top end of the engine very easily.

I just hit 71k on my 92 xlt. I am the second owner and have every service record and info that came with the truck, I even have the letters from Ford to the original owner about the infamous tire recall.

Back