Low oil pressure light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ghoxt14

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Base
This is the second time this light has popped up. Oil levels are fine and engine maintains running smoothly. I’m thinking to start by replacing the oil pressure switch than move from there. Anyone have a location of where it’s at? Also if you have any experience with this I would love the feedback.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Mine has been doing it for as far i remember. 2011 XLT same as yours . Not sure why as i just turned 170k. happens only when its hot and running and i shut it and turn it back on.

This is the second time this light has popped up. Oil levels are fine and engine maintains running smoothly. I’m thinking to start by replacing the oil pressure switch than move from there. Anyone have a location of where it’s at? Also if you have any experience with this I would love the feedback.

Here you go, seems like a pretty easy procedure. Good luck.

Attachments

• Engine oil Pressure (EOP) Switch.pdf
    475.8 KB · Views: 294

You remember the name of it?
Sorry for the delay, I thought I replied to you. I found it as a 2013 Ford Explorer Factory Workshop manual, in your case is 2014. Good luck.

Old-ish post. This happened to my 2013 as well. Swapped out the switch and hasn't come back since. Apparently the switch goes bad on these pretty regularly.

Back