• Register Today It's free!

Lower Front Bumper

RePeteIt

Reaction score
City, State
Weatherford, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Big Hi to everyone as I just signed on to this forum looking for some insight hopefully. I have a 2016 Explorer XLT that has lower front bumper damage as well as the fender splash shield. I can get all the parts thru FordParts.com no problem. But man, I have looked high and low for a how-to video let alone an explanation to no avail. I mean there's the bumper cover and grill but nothing about the lower bumper. Hate going in blind and any help would be appreciated. Thanks again and look forward to anything that could help me out.

Front Lower Bumper.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome! usually bumper pieces are clip in these days that ive seen? but have worked very little with new stuff. hopefully domeone has answer!

Big Hi to everyone as I just signed on to this forum looking for some insight hopefully. I have a 2016 Explorer XLT that has lower front bumper damage as well as the fender splash shield. I can get all the parts thru FordParts.com no problem. But man, I have looked high and low for a how-to video let alone an explanation to no avail. I mean there's the bumper cover and grill but nothing about the lower bumper. Hate going in blind and any help would be appreciated. Thanks again and look forward to anything that could help me out.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Personally, the last place I would order from is Fordparts.com unless you like paying full price for everything.
Check out Genuine Ford Parts Dealer Online | Levittown Ford Parts . They are a forum vendor and offer members a discount. There are also other sites like Factory OEM Auto Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com and Ford Dealer Near White Bear Lake, MN | AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake all of which are less expensive to buy from.
Do you have the factory tow package? I know that on pre 2016 models they had a cutout for a cooling duct.
There are several threads that talk about removing bumper but none are a step by step although I do believe a member did post one. Have not been able to find it yet but did find this one; 2016 front bumper removal...they added 6 extra bolts that year, how to access?

Peter

Peter, thanks for the video links and the parts links are a find thank you. Levittown is definitely my new go to parts site, TascaParts only had the wheel well and they wanted way too much to ship. Not sure if I was below the free shipping or not, I will go back and order a few hundred in parts and see because they were the best price. The reason I went with the FordParts.com was for convenience and the bumper being that long UPS might just fold it in half on me lol. Also I can pick up the parts at the dealer 5 miles down the road and if there’s a problem I can return it. And it was exactly $30.00 difference but if I would have gone through the dealer it would have been a $70.00 difference. It just amazes me though how the dealer jacks up the prices and I'm picking up the same parts I just ordered from FordParts. I also came to the realization that yes, I'm going to have to take the whole front bumper off to really do it right. That’s probably why we couldn't find any videos. But thanks again Peter the part sites are truly a gift.

Pete

Back