• Register Today It's free!

lower just rear?

richardjp

Reaction score
City, State
nashville, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 explorer 4x4
hello new to site figuring out mechanics of it so sorry if question already asked but i got a 02 explorer 4x4 with a v6 sits higher in rear as stock does not looking to lower entire vehicle just rear make it look level any ideas?

hello new to site figuring out mechanics of it so sorry if question already asked but i got a 02 explorer 4x4 with a v6 sits higher in rear as stock does not looking to lower entire vehicle just rear make it look level any ideas?

Hi. You might try punctuation so we can work out how many different things you are saying. I'll give it a go:

Hello, new to site. Figuring out mechanics of it so sorry if question already asked. I got a 02 explorer 4x4 with a v6 and it sits higher in the rear (as stock does). Not looking to lower entire vehicle just rear to make it look level - any ideas?

Does yours have a brush guard, bull bar, or nudge bar attached at the front? This may cause the front to sag slightly - though not by much.

The explorer does sit higher at the rear for a few reasons, one of which is that when towing and the rear squats with the load, it does so without the front wheels coming off the ground.

You would need to replace the springs to lower it - find a supplier or suspension workshop, tell them how much lower you want it, and they should be able to do it for you.

Back