Lowered 02 Limited

synyster

Reaction score
City, State
Hammond IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
Explorer.jpg

Don't have any before pictures but I have a ton of afters. It took me 10 hours to lower it since it had all oem parts on it. Broke two strut bolts clean off. I had to reuse the old strut mounts since no one, not even ford, had any instock. The old ones were suprisingly in good shape though. I love it you can tell the difference right away that annoying wheel gap is gone. Ground Force lowering springs were defintely worth the price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any pics that are larger than a postage stamp? :D

what struts did you use? i got the kyb struts with ground force springs...did you use a camber kit? pics will def help to see your truck

I would definitely like to see larger images. I wnt to do the same just interested what it would look like with stock wheels.

I have about 3 inches betwen the top of my wheel and the plastic trim on my XLT. Stock wheels and stock Diameter tires. Taxi, my original post died on this subject, but my shop was able to correct the camber to near factory spec using a cam-camber kit they had at their shop. Cost for me was about 180 bucks + cost of line-up. I didnt notice a difference in how it drives, but it should save me a bundle on tires failing early! I will take a picture once i get the transmission out tonight!

cool sounds good

nice x

Sorry guys school has been keeping me busy these last few days. I'll have bigger and better pictures this friday. :)

what struts did you use? i got the kyb struts with ground force springs...did you use a camber kit? pics will def help to see your truck

I used Gabriel (sp) Struts. No one else had any struts in stock around here for my truck and I couldn't wait for them to order them. The front wheels are cambered in, it's more noticable there than in the back. I didn't use a camber kit but I did get it aligned, only because it was free because of my insurance. I smashed the front end into a wall in the winter. To get it near factory speak it would cost me about an additional $180 for parts and labor.

i would like to see better pics as well

Back