• Register Today It's free!

Lowered 1st Gen's

Yecker

Reaction score
City, State
North Henderson, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Does anyone have pics of lowered 1st gen's. Trying to decide how low to go with mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed you have 95 XLT as your posted vehicle, do you have another? Well, I just learn not too long ago that you can not lower a 4x4 1st gen Explorer. The ride would be too unbearably stiff. So, to start, you must be 2WD.

Lowered 1st gen Explorer is very rare. I haven't seen one yet here.

I have a 2wd 91 XL that I am just starting to build and I have the 95 xlt that I daily drive.

you can lower a first gen 4x4.... however, you cant lower it much... like 2-3 at maximium as the front axle will contact the oil pan.......

Lowerd 1st Gens

Man, Long time since I have posted, should be back for now. As for lowered 1st Gens, if you are looking for any help or anything, just ask, I think I know a thing or two. Hopefully I will get my pics of my truck up here soon.4X4 can be lowered, just ALOT of work, maybe not worth the time or money, but like I said, it can be done

Why are you guys getting worked up about lowering a 4x4? He said his 91 XL is 2wd.

Very nice work Jason! Very clean looking. I assume your a 2WD, correct? How is the ride on that? How much did you lower it for?

*x~factor thinks he asks too many questions and should shut up

;)

there is a pic of a SLAMMED one on here, I think the thread is called Drool

members.cardomain.com/rjk2515
that's mine with a 3" drop. it's not the best pic hopefully i can get some more up. i'm now moving on to look for some rims. mine cost me around 300$ for the parts, but they were used. normal price of explorer lowered ibeams r like $420.

wanna see a lowered 1st gen? on 20's? on air? Check mine out... There are several lowered 1st gens out there... Good luck with your X. Also fordexplorer.net has more lowered 1st gens. Later, RJ68

My lowered X on air

I found this on on the web I don't know anything about it, but its sure is low.
baddasexplorer.gif

LOL I have that pic on my comp as my wall paper. I love the look except the graphics.... Nice and low, not shaved enuff for me, but nice none the less... Later, RJ68

I bagged a 93 Eddie

I dont have any pics, it is possible, I sport a 96 bagged and soon to be boddy dropped 3 1/2 to the plastic...here is my pics My 96 Bagged

slammed you need to get some pics of your X up on your site...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back