lowered explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lowered explorers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am moving this thread to the Explorer Sport Truck forum! Keep em comin!

Good call Rick. Its so new I even forget about that! Thanks. Thats why Rick is Admin and I am Moderator :)

I have a picture of a Explorer on my hard drive how do I attach here so everyone could see it? do I e-mail it?

X-Man

Originally posted by X-Man
I have a picture of a Explorer on my hard drive how do I attach here so everyone could see it? do I e-mail it?

X-Man

E-mail it to Rick.

PLease do not email to Rick. Send it to me and I will get it up for you. Brian@explorerforum.com

Thanks

View

View

The red one looks cool.

As it is, without any ride height changes, I bottom out sometimes on some driveways in Austin. I see Hondas and other low cars all the time with messed up trim because of that. I can't imaging having a truck that low, I'd have to fix the bumpers all the time. Not to mention the ride probably sux because the wheels are only able to travel a few inches. But they look kinda cool. The red one is so low it looks like a minivan, though.

i wasnt thinking of anything extreme like those two pics, i was just thinking of putting the explorer express 1 3/4 inch drop on a 2000 eddie bauer. i was just wondering if it would look better or worse than it does stock. i dont really like how the front end sits up higher than the rear as it comes stock.

Originally posted by EB2K
i wasnt thinking of anything extreme like those two pics, i was just thinking of putting the explorer express 1 3/4 inch drop on a 2000 eddie bauer. i was just wondering if it would look better or worse than it does stock. i dont really like how the front end sits up higher than the rear as it comes stock.

Dead Link Removed

It's a 1998, but close enough.

that is more like it. i like the wheels/tires. do you like the borla exhaust? i havent heard any aftermarket exhaust on explorers. which do you think would be the best on a 4.0 sohc engine?

I like the red 2-door, but that white one is wretched! The only mods are a drop & chrome wheels (and they didn't even bother to fix the camber, at that!).

Wow, this is my 500th post! Go me!

Originally posted by EB2K
that is more like it. i like the wheels/tires. do you like the borla exhaust? i havent heard any aftermarket exhaust on explorers. which do you think would be the best on a 4.0 sohc engine?

Yes. I do have the Borla exhaust. There's a lot of aftermarket exhaust for the Explorers. Dynomax, Magnaflow, Borla, & Flowmaster just to name a few. http://www.explorerexpress.com has Magnaflow. Which is the best exhaust on a 4.0 SOHC? It just depends what suits your needs. I have only tried the Borla, but I think all of them are good.

Borla=comes with a lifetime warranty. Sweet rumble. Rust proof. It may outlast your truck. A little louder than the other brands. Nice twin tips. More expensive than the rest.

Magnaflow=Nice sound during idle (ala Mustang GT). You can get it for around $200 installed.

Flowmaster=nice rumble. A little quiter than the Borla. Cheaper than the Borla.

Not to mention, I don't know that they leveled the white one out....I could be wrong but I think the rear is sittin a wee bit high....ANY help me....Off the topic...what does it take (post wise) to get the 4th explorer?
Thanks,
Pete

Here is a video/sound file of my Borla exhaust.

Dead Link Removed

sound file

heyo,
how did you do the sound file on your computer?? i wouldn't need the video necessarily, just want the sound clip...i've got dual flowmaster 40 series w/ no cats, just the afterburners thru 2 1/4" pipe and out dual 2 1/2" hooker header tips...quad exits....and....well....i think mine's louder....lol...i wanted to hear you hit the rpm's to about 3500 tho....so i can't really tell

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FYI - the white Explorer has airbags in the front, I don't think he has them in the rear but I could be wrong. I believe the red one has airbag also. This is just a look once they park it drop it. These guys can care less about the ride most of them are towed to these shows. It's not for everybody, but if you have cash to blow this is something to blow it on. Lots of fun.

X-Man

Back