• Register Today It's free!

Lowered my mounty, check it yo!

torqlox

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Explorer XLS
Well lowered her 2", installed new polyurethane bushings all around (Front and rear Sway), and Ingalls Camber kit up front. Handling is unbelievable. Can't wait to get my Cobra R Wheels on next weekend ;)

Before & Afters

Before:
SL742079-1.jpg

After:
SL742095.jpg

Before:
SL742080.jpg

After:
SL742104.jpg

Before:
SL742081.jpg

After:
SL742103.jpg

Before:
SL742083-1.jpg

After:
SL742108.jpg

Moar pix!
SL742093.jpg

SL742094.jpg

SL742096.jpg

SL742097.jpg

SL742098.jpg

SL742099-1.jpg

SL742100.jpg

SL742092.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Handling is unbelievable.
If you lowered it via torsion twist, dont you mean worse? Like try taking the vehicle quickly around a highway off-ramp with bumps, it will feel like a boat - which is generally considered as bad handling. I drove a 2nd gen Eddie Bauer up to Vermont and back with the same setup and it was kind of scary with 4 other adults in the vehicle - the suspension was too soft.

If you lowered it via torsion twist, dont you mean worse? Like try taking the vehicle quickly around a highway off-ramp with bumps, it will feel like a boat - which is generally considered as bad handling. I drove a 2nd gen Eddie Bauer up to Vermont and back with the same setup and it was kind of scary with 4 other adults in the vehicle - the suspension was too soft.

I don't feel a difference as far as loss of handling. Then again I have brand new shocks and poly bushings all around. I cannot say I've experienced anything other than improvements in overall handling. Ride quality does not feel compromised either.

Thanks guys. Look out for new pics on the Cobra R wheels coming soon!

looks good keep up good work

Back