lowered the explorer, need help though... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lowered the explorer, need help though...

mrbiggin3369

Reaction score
City, State
waynesville, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport 2dr
hey me and my buddy lowered my ex sport this weekend and we put 3 inch blocks in the rear and removed the tortion bar bolts so to get alittle bit more out of it, between maybe 2 to 3 incehes...my question is that tis been 2 days since we did it and the front still hasnt lawerend much at all. how long does it usually take for the for the front to settle down so that i can get the maxium inchage out of it???

heres a pic...

after we lowered it...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/mrbiggin3369/mycarlowered.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Once around the block should "settle" the front end. nm

hey waynesville ohio, your a whole 10 minutes from me!

I think thats as low as your gonna get the front without flipping the torsion bar bolts.

-Rich

no offense, but you need new rims if you are going leave your truck lowered. with the stock rims it just looks like your suspension is sagging big time.

I beg to differ with your observation

that a lowered X looks like the suspension is saggy with stock wheels. Even with a 1" drop all around, there is so much space between the top of the tire and the fenders it looks as though the car were rasied! Before I lowered it, the truck looked like it was set up for off-roading except I forgot to install the big off-road wheels, but that was stone-stock AWD V8 trailer package.

Back