Lowering a '00 Explorer 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering a '00 Explorer 4x4

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, Ca 408
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLt
I know that yooh can't reallie drop a 4x4 by a lot, but yooh can drop it a little bit...i was just wondering if any one on the boards has dropped their 4x4 and what they had to do to get around to doing that...if they bought a kit or whatever...some help would be great...thanx...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Raise it up! It will look just as cool as lowering and you wont loose your all important ground clearence.

I'm with D, they look good that way : )

You could crank down the torsion bars and use blocks in the rear. I don't know how low you want to go but I wouldn't go any more than two inches.

thanx for the help guys and i am lowering my ride cause im more in2 street looks rather than 4 wheeling...cause i also plan on getting some 20s later in the year and that just won't look rite on a raised explorer...plus i am in2 the street racing culture and a raised car in a crew just won't cut it...haha peace

Just out of curiosity, why get a 4WD and lower it? A 2WD vehicle would do you the same and you would get a little better mileage and less maintenance. Unless it is an AWD vehicle, then I understand. Anyways, good luck on your project.

Back