• Register Today It's free!

lowering a 2000 exploer sport

00exploder

Reaction score
City, State
san diego, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer sport
is there anyone hjere that can tell me what i would need to do to lower a 2000 explorer sport. i can not find any company that make a kit to do it. thank for your help

How low do you plan to go? Check out this thread for any info you might need, but it's as simple as TAS98xlt said. Loosen the torsion bolts and put blocks in the rear. Look for a member called Black Magic, he has an awesome X and a great website that should be able to help you. Oh yeah, welcome to the site!

A 2000 Sport has a single leaf spring rear suspension. They tend to sag a bit at the rear. They also come stock with spacer plates at the rear u-bolts. You can get a .75"-1" drop by swaping all four spacer plates to the other side of the leaf spring. There is a trick to it, but I can talk you through it. This goes nice with a 1.5" torsion twist at the front. You may try this first. You still will have to correct the camber at the front and have the alignment done. Most alignment shops can take care of the camber adjust. Of course I feel that the next step would be the Edelbrock Shocks for lowered Explorers and the suspension bumper kit. The X-Spec rear sway bar is is a must for a good handling Explorer. Your Sport has a lot of potential in the handling department. You wont believe how good your X could feel on the road. Here is a picture of a Sport we did a while back. It has no lowering blocks installed at the rear. In 2001, the Sport (like Black Magic) went to the multileaf rear suspension like a 4 door.

By the way TAS98xlt No presure, but when are we going to see some red paint on the front of that Explorer!

Attachments

• lowered sport web.jpg
    lowered sport web.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 455

Back