• Register Today It's free!

Lowering a 3rd Gen

Melon

Reaction score
City, State
Blair, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLT 5.0
I've got an 04 and I've been considering lowering it down the road. Looking through a few threads with pics - I didn't see any 02+ that were lowered. Is there no kit available? Or not many have done it? I'm not planning to slam it to the ground, just 2-3" :)

Anyone that can point me in the right direction would be great - I don't know too much about the Explorer and what's available in the aftermarket :D

Thanks
-Melon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I,m in the same boat man.I won't to lower my 04 and still be able to tow with it.Iwould like to know if you have to get a camber kit for the front or rear.Somebody please help us out.:p:

My other concerns are snow in the winter (yes, my X is my DD), occasional towing, and being AWD. I don't see where the 2" will make a big difference - if the snow is too bad, I don't go anywhere anyway. I don't plan to tow THAT often but want to know I still can when I want/need to. And I don't think lowering would effect the drivetrain, but the wheels may if I decide on a staggered stance (18F, 20R)

Thanks
-Melon

Back