Lowering explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering explorer

ijag

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport
Looking to lower my 99 explorer sport
What 2 inch block kit is the best the comes with good u bolts and good quality blocks?
And then do I need camber adjusters?
what else would I need to lower it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your alignment guy will thank you for the cam blots. you will also want to shave the bump stops as well. as for blocks, i think mine came from advance auto. you might also want to check your pinion angle before and after you lower it

I was looking on explorer express at their lowering kit and it says the sport don’t need the blocks in the back said it can be lowered by changing the location of the stock spacer plates? And it just needs the camber adjusted in front

do yourself a favor. ditch the mono leaf, and swap in a 4 door leaf pack. any time i drive my sons 2000 sport i feel like its going to bounce itself off the road when i compare it to my 98

do yourself a favor. ditch the mono leaf, and swap in a 4 door leaf pack. any time i drive my sons 2000 sport i feel like its going to bounce itself off the road when i compare it to my 98
Yeah it can be bouncy,I will try and make a trip to the scrap yard to check to see if they have any . But In the meantime. Do I just take that stack thats under the leaf spring and just put it above it. between the leaf and axle? And also do I need to use new ubolts, nuts and washers or do I Just reuse them? And then do I need any anti seize or thread lock?

You won’t be able to reuse your bolts. They won’t be long enough. The block goes between the leaf and axle. I’d locktite them.

You won’t be able to reuse your bolts. They won’t be long enough. The block goes between the leaf and axle. I’d locktite them.
I would need longer bolts even though I’m not adding a extra block but just taking the spacer that’s already there and moving it to the top?
Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I have everything before I do the job

I’m not familiar with the method you are talking about? I’ve only ever lowered them with an additional block.

I’m not familiar with the method you are talking about? I’ve only ever lowered them with an additional block.
i was confused as well because I was about to order a lowering kit with the blocks, ubolts and camber adjusters. And it says if you have the sport with the single leaf spring you don’t need blocks just to change the location of the stock spacer plates. and I was looking online for more info and couldn’t really find any

Back