Lowering first Gen Explorer. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering first Gen Explorer.

^Shes a sexy 1st gen though:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What drop springs would be the best for a 93 4x4 limited

1shot i have 2 questions for ya. 1. is your paint original? 2. do you have any more pics of your bumper valance? I'm curious as to what you did to it.

2 Questions answered

1. Paint is original, allthough it is starting to age so a re-coat is due.
Paint Code is: YN = Silver Metallic

2. I will hunt down some more pictures for you if you want but it was quite simple. There was no Limited valances around when I was doing this so I took some of the black Garden edging available at Home Depot etc. and rivetted it onto the original little one.

With the rolled edge at the bottom, I was able to insert a steel rod which I bent into shape so the corners would hold true after I heated them up to mold the curve.

I am currently working on a more seamless look by fiberglas'n up a duplicate that will be paintable. She has been put to bed for the winter already, and I have a long list of TODO's I want to get done for next Spring. Half of those I already have the parts for - its just a matter of time...

Oh and Brian if that is about mine - I thank you...

shopping for drop kits and i found out that i can use the coil springs from a 1994 ranger on my explorer (1993) is that correct? or do i need anything else?i know i need to do a block in the back im just trying to find out what i need so far

what im looking to order from what i gather
2 in drop coil Beltech
4 shocks front and rear

im trying to fit 18*9.5 +6 offset 225/40/18
only reason is because my gen 1 needs tie rods spindles bearings shocks and tires are bad because of alignment i want a nice drop nothing crazy

Back