• Register Today It's free!

Lowering keys

BADB4C

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Limited totaled

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the link. Does anyone know about how much of a drop you get with the drop keys and the torsion bolts in at stock turn?

I currently have 22 / 9.5 inch wheels on and there is no rubbing. Do you guys think dropping 3 inches is about as low as I can go without any major mods and probably some rubbing?

This is how it sits now...
ex.jpg

Would those keys fit on a 2003 Ford Explorer sport 4WD?

Do you get a better ride quality with these as opposed to tortion flip method?

I was told you get about a 3 inch drop with the torsion bolts turned in at stock turn. So basically a stock ride. Is that better than flipping the stockers, I dunno. Nobody has replied to the thread and I can't find anyone who has installed these. They seem to be new for 2009. The only reason I bought them is they are only $40 bucks, they already have the proper bolt "seats" in them (not that boring a notch is hard), and I was told they where re-indexed to go lower than a flipped stock key.Plus it will save me a little time on install.
100_0144.jpg

Thanks for the pics man! Please do post up on how the install goes and what the results are. I just took out my torsion bolts today and am not impressed with the drop, I was able to level out the front with my rear at 33" from ground, but the total drop I achieved in the front was only 1". I didn't even use lowering blocks yet in the rear! KEEP US UPDATED! Thanks man!!:salute:

Just curious does this "replace" any parts or is it "added" to your truck? What tools are involved? Hopefully we can get a write-up for this as I'm seriously considering this option. I did the TT and only got around an inch of drop.

Cool, have you gotten around to doing this yet? Where did you buy yours?

also thinking of getting these.. Anyone installed them yet?

Have you gotten around doing this yet?

Just got the new keys installed, no issues, pretty easy. The torsion bolt is through the block that the key rests on protruding out about an inch currently, and it looks like i got about a 2.5 - 3 inch drop. I temporarily removed the bump stops bc they where sitting on the frame. I will cut them down later. Now time to put the blocks on the back.

Will take some pics later.

Sweet looking forward to pics! Man you got 2.5-3 just from this? Damnit I should've just did this and save the hassle with trying TT then the T-flip. Would you know where I can get some 1.5" blocks? i can only find them in 1,2,3 inches.

Just got a few pics. It needs a wash bad but I think it's sitting pretty good now. It just rubs slightly on full lock against the inner fender where it pooches out. Rides good. I just wish I had 23's or 24's out back now!

Not sure about your blocks, I had a hard time finding some myself.

100_0160.jpg

100_0161.jpg

100_0163.jpg

100_0165.jpg

100_0170-1.jpg

100_0166-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice man! How low are you from the ground to the fender?

Back