lowering kit for 91-94 explorer sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lowering kit for 91-94 explorer sport

jc_stang93

Reaction score
City, State
Gray, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer Sport
does anyone know of a lowering kit for a 1992 explorer sport? i think eibach makes springs for the front but i cant find them. ive seen some 4x4 explorers with f150 springs on them. could i use f150 lowering springs? if so what modifications would i have to do? i was just thinking about using blocks for the rear. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, Eibach makes 2" lowering springs for the front, which is what you want for a minor drop. For a real drop, you'll need "drop beams" which are cut beams to lower even more than just springs can do.

You can use blocks for the rear, but the correct way to do it is to have the leaf springs de-arched.

could u send me a wed site for that 2" lowering kit that Eibach makes and were would i go to get the leaf springs de-arched ? How could i get some of these "drop beams" ?

I hear there are ranger springs that'll give you up to 4 inch's in the front.. ive had blocks on an s10, they were a little stiff but they worked. im currently trying to drop my 92 explorer sport. I'm not sure what year ranger the springs come from though

The 92-97 2WD Ranger shares the Twin I-beam suspension with the 91-94 2WD Explorer, so drop springs for a Ranger fit, and should give slightly more drop because the Ranger is lighter and so the springs are softer, although some manufacturers did just use the same springs for both. Of course, drop springs for either are harder to find now than they were seven years ago when this thread was started.

I have 5" of drop on my `92 X. 3" drop Beams, and 2" springs. Those parts are for sale if you want them. See the classified section.

Back