• Register Today It's free!

Lowering my '02 Sport

ndhaon91

Reaction score
City, State
phoenix, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer Sport
How difficult of a modification is it to lower my sport? I have very little experience with the workings of cars. I'm a total rookie, so keep that in mind. Is this something I could/should attempt on my own? I'm not going for a really low look... its more to help out with handling and aerodynamics. kind of like black magic did with his explorer street.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lowering blocks and torsion twist for about 1.5"? Add alignment and maybe even swaybars and your X will handle really well.

Yea i wanna lower my 97 X and everyones saying lowering block and torsion twist. i have no clue what a torsion twist is, but hopefully my local STS will!!!!

Alec said:
lowering blocks and torsion twist for about 1.5"? Add alignment and maybe even swaybars and your X will handle really well.
Alec, I thought that the 02+ didn't have leaf springs or T-bars??

Do a search using torsion twist and you will find all the info you'll ever need.

bmxking5 said:
Alec, I thought that the 02+ didn't have leaf springs or T-bars??
The sports do....the 02 Explorers are different.

shizzle234 said:
Yea i wanna lower my 97 X and everyones saying lowering block and torsion twist. i have no clue what a torsion twist is, but hopefully my local STS will!!!!
Do a search for torsion twist and you will find more info than you can handle
SEARCH

EDIT: ton e montana beat me to it

Back