lowering | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quentin Evans

Reaction score
City, State
Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
i drive a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 I saw some older post on how to lower the front with keys. But I can't seem to find it. If anyone has done it or knows how to do it please let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2002-05 (Gen 3) four door uses coil springs. Lowering or lift keys are used on 1995-01 (Gen 2) and 2001-05 ST's with torsion bars.
Search through the sub forums linked below. Keep us posted with your progress. :chug:

Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers | Ford Explorer and Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

Street Trucks | Ford Explorer and Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
So even though it's 4 wheel drive, if I put lowering coils in the front it will still lower it ? I've been looking around.

I am planning the same with my 05. IIRC Bell tech is the company that has the lowering springs.

Tim

Can you please link me to some good lowering springs? I have found some online at http://www.sterling-springs.co.uk/ but not sure about them. I would like to get our advice now. Thanks a lot for your replies! ;)

Back