lsd clutch pack on ebay. Anyone ever use these? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lsd clutch pack on ebay. Anyone ever use these?

BobCarter

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham Al
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
I found some rebuild kits for our 8.8 axle and was wondering if anyone has ever used them. I am about to re-gear to 4.10's and wanted to also beef up the stock lsd again. The clutches I found are supposedly carbon fiber, similar to the ones on the new cobras. Any opinions or comments would be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As I understand ther are several different shape clutches. They are not universal. When I regeared the shop could not find clutches to fit my stock LSD so be careful.

Are you sure that its not a one size fits all. The auction says will fit any 8.8?

Yea I am pretty sure. I did not do the work but I talked to the technician. He was a little surprised that the clutch pack that he ordered (from (Ford) would not work. The shop is a reputable 4x4 shop. If you get a good deal buy them. If they don't fit you can resell them. If they don't work for you PM me maybe they will work for me.

dont even bother rebuilding the T-lock just get the guy who install's the gear's to add an extra .015 to each side of the T-lock shim's ( .030 total ) it's a *%&^$ to get the S clip back in but it can be done and the result's are amazing. you can also switch to a F150 Tlock S clip to add more preload to the clutches.

Back