• Register Today It's free!

Lube guard = MPG?

Doubt Incarnate

Reaction score
City, State
"Franktucky", Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Eddie Bauer
My EX has rolled over the 175K mark, figured i try some of the lube guard stuff to help the clutches and bands out with the rest of their life, It worked great on the tranny shudder that was plaugeing my brothers gran marquis. I paid too much for the top of the line stuff, silver bottle, universial, etc, $13! it felt kinda rough at first for some reason, probly just me, but it smoothed out. last weekend my brother and i went out some twisty roads to get one of his friends for some indian food, there was some hills, WOT, agressive driving for fun. used a half tank in a week, 221.x miles on 11.x gals. Even with more agressive driving than ussuall i got better gas mileage. This happen to anyone else?

I'll see what i get next week and see if it actually effected my mpg or if its just me. It makes sence that the bands and clutches would get better grip and more power hits the pavement instead of what is normaly undetected slippage.

It could have made the torque converter a little more efficient by not allowing as much slip. A more efficient converter will bring higher MPG. It would be interesting if this is what's happening... Could be a good MPG tip...

just finished up moving so i didnt get very good mileage. looks like it was just a one time thing anyways. i'll get a better update...

Back