Lumi Logo Install help

flyguy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 XLT V8
Hey guys! I just got my Lumi Logo today! WHEE!! Okay... a few questions before I start tearing things apart. I got the logo for the rear... however.. my original logo is 4 1/2" and the the new one is 4 3/4"... thats not a problem right? Hmmm... Okay... and the biggie..how do you wire that thing up? Im guessing it wires to the tail-lamp somehow... but how do you get over there? Hmmm... Also.. how do you remove the original logo? If I remember right, the last time I had that rear panel off... there was a metal thing in the way.. I could be wrong though... suggestions! help! :)

Also, for the front... that is 4" right? I think if the rear works out good, Ill get the front one.

nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's pretty easy if you think about it for a second. The bigger logo will look even better, so don't worry about that. Wiring is easy, you connect the logo to that little black box thingie(forgot what it is called). Then run the wires to your brake lights. Take out the lense and connect the wires to the ground wire and the (minor) wire. The minor wire is labeled on the light buld casing. There are three wires ground, major, and minor. You slice into the minor so that when you have the lights (parking or regular) your logo glows. The major wire is for when you brake and you don't want your logo only to light up when you stop. To take off the old logo I used a flathead screwdriver and pryed it off VERY CAREFULLY! As you will see there are three holes on the lift gate. Run the wires through there and stick the black box on the inside of the liftgate (you got to take off the inside panel). I then ran the wire up to the right hinge. I had to add some more wire and then ran the wires to the brake lights. Looks great.

Erk! Im gunna break something. :) So the only way to get the logo is to pry it off? Sigh.

nick

Where did you get the light up logo?

I got it here in town... a place called Custom Images in the mall. it was like 39 bucks.

nick

I just tried to log on to http://www.rpsperformance.com and go a blank screen. Have these guys pulled the plug and no longer do business or just a temporary thing( site down )? I wanted to order one today, so I guess I move on to autoindulgence.

Yeah.. thats what I got too.. when I tried to order my lumi at least. I dont know what is up... I was reading a thread here about someone getting into it with the guy who runs RPS... something about not getting his order, blah blah... I dont know if thats related or not... either that or the site just broken. :)

nick

Back