Lynchy's wagon | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thought I'd register my rig. Bought her in 2008 65k miles on the clock for $18 grand, always been happy with her until I caught the modding bug (you *******s, yeah you know who you's are). So now I'm extremely happy and love my x and decided to post some pics in here.

This is when I first got her.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,668
  • Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,529
  • Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,539
  • Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,498

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tokk off the running board's today to see how it would look, I like it!

I've got a 3mm skid plate that will protect the power steering cooler from tree root's, stick's and such but that won't be sorted until next week.

Good call!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Cheers guy's, I'm definitely thinking about some tube slider's 'cause my rockers sure are purdy :D. That bit of extra clearance should give me a couple of more option's when picking my line in the bush. Why I need a skid plate :D

Attachments

• 28022011_002.jpg
    28022011_002.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 265

Greg, I'd hate to see where you take that Ex :D Doing that kind of damage to that. And I noticed my power steering cooler is silver and your's is black; somebody undercoat that or something?
Make sure you post pics of that skid plate

Will do mate. It was either the previous owner or the factory 'cause it wasn't me! Sorry Nate that doesn't come close to answering your question but sometimes refurbished part's come flat black. You've got me wondering now...:D

Will do mate. It was either the previous owner or the factory 'cause it wasn't me! Sorry Nate that doesn't come close to answering your question but sometimes refurbished part's come flat black. You've got me wondering now...:D
EDIT: Your Ex I think may be undercoated (cant tell for sure)

If that part was undercoated the effectiveness of it was probably reduced. Like painting a radiator, that just doesnt work. My Ex is undercoated and as you can see some of it on the cooler mount is chipping off looking sort of like yours. Here's a pic of mine for a reference. Yes I have a few bent cooling fins :D
cooler.jpg

Greg any updates on your skid plate?

None to date mate. The verander just needs a roof on it then me mate's going to start the skid plate!! I'm looking forward to both and will post pic's prior to painting and fitting and of course how she look's on Uma! :D:thumbsup:

Lynchy, what do you mean no updates? :dunno: How about telling Nate about your co-pilots?

DogandMonkey2.jpg

hahahahahahaa, classic mate (but I'm still waiting for a return email from the zoo)!!!!!! Here is a couple of unrelated skid mark..err...I mean skid plate update's: Meg's rocked up yesterday,damn I love the smell of that wax. (hard to tell the finish with no sun but you get that.)

Scored abit of bling for the engine bay, a mustang oil cap.

And the big news is that Jcuz had a set of Road Bully 1.5" front lift spacer's that he sent to me.A great big thankyou goes out to Jcuz for these CHEERS mate! I'm going to try a similar set up that he had with king springs all round and the spacer's on the front too. I'll have to see how it goes but I'm looking (hoping?) for about 1.5" lift in the back and 3" in the front. This won't happen overnight but at least I'm starting to accrue a few bit's for the lift. Thank's again Jcuz!!!

Attachments

• 09032011_003.jpg
    09032011_003.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 236
  • 09032011_004.jpg
    09032011_004.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 09032011_002.jpg
    09032011_002.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 09032011_001.jpg
    09032011_001.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 230

hahahahahahaa, classic mate!!!!!! Here is a couple of unrelated skid mark..err...I mean skid plate update's: Meg's rocked up yesterday,damn I love the smell of that wax. (hard to tell the finish with no sun but you get that.)

Scored abit of bling for the engine bay, a mustang oil cap.

And the big news is that Jcuz had a set of Road Bully 1.5" front lift spacer's that he sent to me. I'm going to try a similar set up that he had with king springs all round and the spacer's on the front too. I'll have to see how it goes but I'm looking (hoping?) for about 1.5" lift in the back and 3" in the front. This won't happen overnight but at least I'm starting to accrue a few bit's for the lift.

Very nice! :thumbsup: Isn't 3" a little much for those front end ball joints?
I dont know anything about the set-up Jcuz had, so I may be wrong.

I'm going to put on the moog's and see how I go. I'm expecting the spring's to settle abit so I'm having a bet each way on the spring's settling before the moog's let go! If all goes well (touch wood) I should end up with 2.5" at the front, but we shall see.

I'm going to put on the moog's and see how I go. I'm expecting the spring's to settle abit so I'm having a bet each way on the spring's settling before the moog's let go! If all goes well (touch wood) I should end up with 2.5" at the front, but we shall see.

Alright sounds good. Keep us all updated on this. Those Moogs should hold up pretty good. All the people who have used those so far seem to like them and I probably will go that route when I do ball joints.
And I'm planning to do a rancho quick-lift in may or june if I can get some larger tires. I'm waiting on my body lift to come in although its taken a week so far, but that's a whole other story. I know those will settle and create a truck like ride, maybe the springs you are using will? :dunno:

At least there are a few option's out there for lifting 3 and 4 gen's now. (yay) It is interesting (scary!) steaming out into the unknown but there's no fun when life's predictable! :D:thumbsup:

At least there are a few option's out there for lifting 3 and 4 gen's now. (yay) It is interesting (scary!) steaming out into the unknown but there's no fun when life's predictable! :D:thumbsup:

I think now people are starting to want aftermarket support and especially lift kits. I've noticed the 3rd gen section is mainly lift kits and such. So I think more companies are offering products for the 3rd and now 4th gens.

It is interesting (scary!) steaming out into the unknown but there's no fun when life's predictable! :D:thumbsup:
You are absolutely correct on that! :thumbsup: :D

I just saw a lifted 3rd gen here in GR tonight. I missed the Lane exit, so I have to see if I can track him down later. I'm curious what's going on there...

Cool Bro', sound's intriguing. You sure know how to keep a bloke in suspense. I am staying tuned.....

P.S. Don't get arrested for stalking, it's not worth it!

Nice Shine....

LYNCHY: I can see the reflection in your door. That shines petty good. I always found it difficult to make white vehicles show the shine. Herer in Michigan they sure show the rust. lol Nice looking Ex. Any more mods on tap?

You can mow down some deer with that front bumper and never let off the gas!! looks great.

Too much cleaning and no driving makes Lynchy a dull boy! I hope to receive THE LETTER from the transport department this week tho'. Best case scenario-I can drive this weekend, worst case scenario starting the whole hoop jumping procss again. Anybody got a coin? At this stage I'm in parts gathering mode, I need a compressor and a timken master diff install kit (I see many more packet's of noodles in my future) before I get my locker fitted, then play around with the lift. That's pretty much got me covered for the next few month's. Far future mod's, barely visible through the hazy mist's, are locking the front and 33"s.

Then best thing is once you've mown down the deer you can tie the bugger to the bar and have venison hanging at home with no blood in the X to clean up!:D:thumbsup:

This morning's misty mountain dawn:

Attachments

• 10032011_001.jpg
    10032011_001.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 229

Back