Lynchy's wagon | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thought I'd register my rig. Bought her in 2008 65k miles on the clock for $18 grand, always been happy with her until I caught the modding bug (you *******s, yeah you know who you's are). So now I'm extremely happy and love my x and decided to post some pics in here.

This is when I first got her.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,656
  • Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,520
  • Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,525
  • Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,481

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy crap! Glad you're ok mate. Dodged a bullet there

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Glad to see you are all right, Greg!!! And I thought 'dillo's were a pain here!!!!

Cheer's Mike!...and really glad you said 'dillos. I misread that originally :D

Holy crap! Glad you're ok mate. Dodged a bullet there

Thank's Sir! Baptism of fire getting back in the saddle. It was one of those moments when every thing slowed down to snail's pace. From spotting the roo coming out of the bush to powering on out the otherside was only a second or two but the rolling commentary in my head was:

S***...roos going to hit Blacky (me mate)
S*** roo fell over, theres a gap, sting it
S*** he's getting up, swerve left
S*** KATHUMP
S*** I'm riding straight into the bush!
S*** Throttle off, throttle off! Swerve right
S*** dodge the white posts, and throttle back on to bring her arse in line with the front.

Only doing 50 mph, if I was in a 70 zone...well the world's full of what if's I s'pose.
The best thing is I still love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

:D Only the 4 legged ones I'm sure!!! :D

Actually if I had to compare that to Texas I'd say white tail deer are our main problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yep, I reckon that'd be bang on for a small deer. Armadillo's would be like a wombat. One stetch of road I drive on to pick up me son has a beware of wild horses next 16 km (10 mile) sign. Wouldnt want to hit one of those in anything less than a mack or kenworth.

Ya I can imagine. We have cattle that will get out from time to time. I have seen some serious wrecks involving cattle.

Yep, I reckon that'd be bang on for a small deer. Armadillo's would be like a wombat. One stetch of road I drive on to pick up me son has a beware of wild horses next 16 km (10 mile) sign. Wouldnt want to hit one of those in anything less than a mack or kenworth.

My dad's buddy hit a horse in a Hostess delivery truck one time. Killed it on impact. The car in front of him also hit a horse too. I would imagine that would be a total write off.

Nice bike btw:thumbsup:

Cheer's mate! That very thing happened last June, 30 miles up the road. Racehorse escaped at night and wandered onto the main highway. The first bloke that hit it died (only young too) then three more cars came through and hit the dead horse that was in the middle of the road, real tragedy.

In the north half of the state of Queensland there is no stock fences and plenty of brahman cattle. Keeps you on your toes to be sure!

Tumbleweed-3.jpg

:D

No doubt!!!

Bloody tumbleweeds you bugger's!!! Gorr, jeez :D

Uma's doing fine, I sold me diff locks to raise money for an older mate who is trying to get a trike kit fitted to his bike so he can stay in the wind.

Still got the lift kit in the back room, it may have gathered a touch of rust though:eek: Going on with the next set of new tyres:thumbsup:

My bike rocked up finally after 8 months and a short hop from Cali:D

Pretty much spend every dry day out on the highway grinning from ear to ear:D

Heres a couple of pics and yep I'll keep an eye out for those tumbleweed's!!!!

Attachments

• Picture11 307 (Large).jpg
    Picture11 307 (Large).jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Picture11 330 (Large).jpg
    Picture11 330 (Large).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 252
  • Picture11 308.jpg
    Picture11 308.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 257
  • Picture11 298 (Large).jpg
    Picture11 298 (Large).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 262

Sure do mate!!!!:D And those bigger ones are just letting you know your alive, when they go kersplat in the middle of your forehead:D

My dog gets the left overs when he says g'day after I get home and cleans my beard:D Bless his little heart:D

Glad all is well, Greg- and Uma needs a wash. Did you expect anything less from me? :D

Cheer's Joe and nah mate, not at all :D Ive been using all the quality cleaning info from you on the bike. Still hooked on Meg's :D

Poor Uma only gets a wash on school holidays, I wont post a pic as it would be medically irresponsible of me!!

Attachments

• Biker.jpg
    Biker.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 274

Hey- I'm married now with a house. Priorities!

Believe it or not, this is August, and this, believe it or not- is my 2012 hand wash count for the vehicles:

Deuce: 1 time
Camry: 2 times

I'll bet nobody would have expected that... ;)

But, I don't have any swirls in the paint. :D

Holy sheep s***!!!

Glad to see you got some help mate:D:thumbsup:

Glad to see all is well Greg! :thumbsup: Nice Bike!!

So when's that next set of tires comin? Bumpin up a size to fill in after the lift right? :D

Back