• Register Today It's free!

M5od 5 speed small leak

YoungMoney_Twitch

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Ford Explorer xlt
How’s it going guys I’m trying to fix this leak here I can’t seam to figure out yet. I took off the rubber bar underneath on the tranny to check the slave cylinder out but I didn’t notice any leaks I have a small video here. Another thing the rubber that sits on top of the master cylinder are you supposed to add fluid after or on the rubber?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How’s it going guys I’m trying to fix this leak here I can’t seam to figure out yet. I took off the rubber bar underneath on the tranny to check the slave cylinder out but I didn’t notice any leaks I have a small video here. Another thing the rubber that sits on top of the master cylinder are you supposed to add fluid after or on the rubber?

Pull the rubber cup out and add fluid directly to the reservoir.

If you’re needing to add fluid to the clutch res, you must have a leak, and it’s usually the slave.
That said, is it me or is there a crack between the drain plug and the leak spot?

If you’re needing to add fluid to the clutch res, you must have a leak, and it’s usually the slave.
That said, is it me or is there a crack between the drain plug and the leak spot?
I noticed that too every time I do a oil change it looked like it but it doesn’t look like a crack

Oil it’s always at the dot

Then maybe rear main seal starting to go.

Then maybe rear main seal starting to go.
Yea I might of messed it up when I first added fluid. I added the fluid on the rubber cup & was running it like that for two day before I took the rubber cup out & poured fluid straight on the master. Now it leaks way less

Back