m5od tranny problem 4th gear but none other! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

m5od tranny problem 4th gear but none other!

93explorer4life

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
no curent
ok, well i guess i just get the short end of the stick when it comes to trannys, i just messed up my m5od.........
me and a bud was driving, i was infront of him, and he went to pass, just to be funny, i gear down so he cant, then he passes me a bit down the road, then i go to pass again! thats when it got bad, it started to do good, i pass and then im driving, we get to a 3 lane! he starts to speed up, i pull it outa 5th and go to 4th, it was a lill hard to get it in, harder than normal!
so i was like ok, so i go into 5th, and it was making noise, i gas it, and bam! nothing, just a reving engine!
then i go back to 4th, its ok, so i think ok i lost 5th , that sucks, nope!
i get to a road that i needed to turn on, i go to third and nothing!
i go to 2nd and nothing! so i go to 4th, its still there!
so i stoped at my location, go to 1st, and nothing, reverse nuthing!
so i dont know
im all outa ideas, some people ahve said the sinc. is out!
or maybe it got to hott and stoped working, like it overheated, so we go fishin....we get back, nothing, so by the grace of god i got it back to my house in 4th only, dont know how, but i did!
so if any one recognizes this proble, let me know, i only have 4th, so it makes no since!
thank u all! and godbless

Unfortunately, you have described exactly what happened to me in April. My X has been on the shelf since then. I have talked to a few people who told me not to bother trying to rebuilt. They told me to find another tranny.

Back