• Register Today It's free!

MAC exhaust

Wombly248

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Hello, I've searched and read about the MAC exhaust on this forum but i wasn't really getting a clear answer about this exhaust. I'm just curious to know if it will have a deeper tone and louder growl compared to the stock exhaust. I have a '00 Mountaineer with the 5.0L with stock headers and stock exhaust. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will be much louder than the factory muffler. Save yourself a bunch of money and go to a muffler shop and have them build you cat back system. I highly recommend a dual in single out Magnaflow for the muffler.

no in cab drone either? thank you for the quick reply.

No drone. I had one on my '97 with Torque Monsters headers and it was nice & mellow until you stood on it.

awesome. is there any series that you recommend? I've looked into this before and i lost track of all of this. i've heard the 40 series is very loud and will have drone, and then keep going up it isn't as loud.

I have a 40 series flowmaster, and i cant hear the exhaust over the radio at cruising speeds

I had Mac on my 97 5.0L and it drones a little inside the car. It definitely is much louder then stock. I put a Cherry Bomb Vortex kit on my 2001 5.0L and is just as loud with less drone.

and thats keeping dual in 2.5" and 3.0" out? i heard that 3.0" is too big and will decrease performance.

I currently have a MAC exhaust on my explorer. It was a real pain in the ass to get it to where it is now (on my truck). It took a good three months for me to get the exhaust, then I had a very difficult time putting it on. A friend of a friend ended up having to tweak it a bit and it required some welding to be properly put on my truck. I think it was all worth it though. I love having the exhaust!!

http://youtu.be/hs2asD-X0Ic

Take a look at the video, computer speakers however do not do it justice.

I highly recommend a dual in single out Magnaflow for the muffler.

Agreed! I have never been disappointed with a Magnaflow, and a good mandrel bent 2 1/2" is more than adequate on the stock 5.0L

For some reason i didn't include this in the beginning. I'm also looking for something that would boost my performance or keep it the same. Sometime in the future i plan on purchasing TMH.

i got single in dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport

i got single in dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport

Sam, he has a 5.0. Apples to oranges comparison. The 4.0 SOHC sounds nothing like a 5.0' with or without upgraded exhaust. :rolleyes:

i was just tellin him what kind of exhaust i had on my sport

Back