MAD @ my 2006 XLS Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MAD @ my 2006 XLS Sport

She has every right to be upset. It's become the norm when you buy an American car to "expect" problems with them. I've purchased 3 consecutive Japanese cars and not once have I had any trouble, and I mean ANY trouble. We're talking about over 350K miles here folks.

I'm not here to bag on American cars, in fact I'm strongly considering buying a 2006 Explorer. It just bothers me when I read things like "it's no big deal" if your brand new, $25-38K vehicle breaks down right after you purchase it. Why don't Honda and Toyota suffer these problems?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bobbyg123 said:
She has every right to be upset. It's become the norm when you buy an American car to "expect" problems with them. I've purchased 3 consecutive Japanese cars and not once have I had any trouble, and I mean ANY trouble. We're talking about over 350K miles here folks.

I'm not here to bag on American cars, in fact I'm strongly considering buying a 2006 Explorer. It just bothers me when I read things like "it's no big deal" if your brand new, $25-38K vehicle breaks down right after you purchase it. Why don't Honda and Toyota suffer these problems?

AMEN

I had an 87 Toyota 4x4 and an 89 RX7 that i beat the LIVING crap out of in my CRAZY CRAZY teen years. NEVER did they hit the shop. Heres a little pic of how I treated my truck.... yes thats me at about 17 years old... did this jump about 10 times in a row, many times, she went straight home. Sold her cherry. Never repaired anything.

I wish I could get pics of my RX7 sideways and whinning to 8-9 grand almost all day long... and never had one motor or tranny problem (NOT promoting street racing please), just getting a point across.

toyotanewest.jpg

dshaulis said:
YAW sensor!!!! o my I feel dumb...you are exactly right...that is what the part is called..stupid me..

hey I have a question for anyone..(again I don't know the technical name for it) I want either the wood grain (like in the Eddie Bauer ed) or a chrome or brushed silver piece that goes around my control panel on my dash..right now it's black...does anyone know where I can get it? I can't get it through Ford, I checked Ebay too.

The "chrome" is nice, but every once in a while the sun glare is a bit... bright! :confused:

410Fortune said:
Hmm interesting, a sport package since 99

You see since 91 Ford made an Explorer Sport, which always had two doors
I believe the last year of the sport was 2003?

Anyitime somebody said Explorer Sport, to us old school guys that meant 2 doors. Apparently now it can also mean 4 door with appearance package

My truck is a 4 door XLT Sport. On 99-01, it pretty much looks like a Eddie Bauer with no chrome. Click the link in my signature below to see some pictures. I dont call my truck a "sport" though.

I feel for ya, and hope its already fixed and if not gets fixed soon.

Secondly our family only ever had one car go bad after purchase. Well I can tell you the dealer almost got the full car back. If it wasnt that they threw in some stuff it would have been returned. If it acts up within the first 100 miles, its gonna be nothing but trouble. I again hope this doesnt apply to you.

Also that whole thing of them renting you a car. Heh, i would have demanded and made them rent you the same explorer you had, or better. Or they can take the car back. Its really amazing what dealership will do when they think your serious about returning a car/truck/suv. Ive made it a point to my dealerships when i buy a new car if theres a ever a problem and something isnt done my way they will get the car back.

Any updates on the repair status?

dshaulis said:
YAW sensor!!!! o my I feel dumb...you are exactly right...that is what the part is called..stupid me..

hey I have a question for anyone..(again I don't know the technical name for it) I want either the wood grain (like in the Eddie Bauer ed) or a chrome or brushed silver piece that goes around my control panel on my dash..right now it's black...does anyone know where I can get it? I can't get it through Ford, I checked Ebay too.

You probally will not find one on Ebay for awile, with your truck being so new. You may want to try a after market comany. However it may take a few months for company to come out with them.

Back