MAF Bolt??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MAF Bolt???

silvermelon19

Reaction score
City, State
Waldorf MD
so i just bought a star socket T-20 bolt and it would fit but theres a little pin inside the bolt what do i do about that????? Ive seen the socket where theres a hole in it that will fit in the bolt but only on the internet.... is there a way to get that pin out or will i have to find the exact socket to fit that...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get them at local auto parts stores such as Advance Auto. They refere to them as security torx. I bought a whole set for about $10.

It is a " Tamper proof torx " I have a set if ya need to borrow one.
PM me

The safety pin in the security torx bolt can be easily snapped loose by one hit with a chisel. I've done this several times on different meters, then simply changed the bolt to a standard hex head.

performancenut said:
The safety pin in the security torx bolt can be easily snapped loose by one hit with a chisel. I've done this several times on different meters, then simply changed the bolt to a standard hex head.

After the center safety pin is gone, a regular torx can be used to remove the bolt.

Back